cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

nuc7i5 no audio

i have lost the audio to my 3.5 jack since windows did their update

if i click on speaker in bottom right it just scans and says restart to finish installing drivers and updates. yet never does anything

my control panel - sound says no devices are installed. no matter how many times i completely remove them from the system and reinstall from intel

device manager - sound - asks me to reinstall the drivers for this device code 18

if i try to update driver from device manager it will not update. even when i select the file from my desktop download

so then i uninstall from device manager, scan for hardweare changes and it says yello exclamation on intel high definition audio. when i click it it says device is not configured correctly code 1

so i select update driver -- link it searches the web then comes back and says access is denied wtf I AM ADMINISTRATOR ON THIS NUC

I HAVE DOWNLOADED the latest driver from intel 6.0.0.7982 x64

i run the setup to install and it completes the process and asks for a restart... which i do and end up with the exact same issue NO AUDIO

i have differnet case # s open with microsoft but they keep passing me off to 800.936.4900 which after entering all the pertinent info says the number is disconnected and hangs up. good job idiots

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS PLEASE

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

If you are using Intel HD Graphics and the connected DP/HDMI Monitor/TV has an audio output capability, then, by default, Windows is going to select to output audio via Intel HD Audio (i.e. to the DP/HDMI Monitior/TV). If you want to specify that the RealRek HD Audio should be your default output, you need to do the following:

1. Right-click on the Sound Icon in the System Tray and select Playback Devices.
  2. Right-click on the desired RealTek HD Audio output path and select Set as Default Device.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

I can only point your attention that the latest audio driver for your NUC is ver 6.0.1.8192 :https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27126/Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-K... Download Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver for Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3BN, NUC7i5BN, and NUC7i7BN You can download the zip file, extract and install manually.

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

downloaded and uninstalled existing then re installed this new version

NO DIFFERENCE

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Please follow the following steps with Speaker connected and ON:

Open Windows Settings Then go to Update &Security -> Troubleshoot -> Playing Audio and press on Run the troubleshooter and follow the instructions

Leon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

same thing

t/s couldnt identify the problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello gpoffmachs

I am checking on your case and I see that you have problems with the audio output after the Windows® update, could you provided us with the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* report (please attach the result to the thread)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

What is the specific model of the NUC?

Have you tried a clean installation of the Operating system (OS)?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello

Thank you for the information provided, however, I still need the information requested in the previous post

The Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* report.TXT file attach to the thread

The model of the NUC and if you have tired the clean OS installation

Regards

Leonardo C.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Nuc7i5bnb J31144-304

When I try to attach to this thread it rejects the attachment

Trying again

I do appreciate the assistance

Ron

for reinstalling OS on a NUC is a major issue and takes almost a full day to bring back to operation

I WILL NOT BE HAPPY TO DO SO, UNTIL I HAVE NO OTHER OPTIONS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Hello Ron,

Reinstalling Windows 10 is not so complicated. Instead off performing "clean" installation and later reinstall all other programs, you may renew your Windows with an in-place upgrade instead. The final effect is the same - you will have new Windows installed but all your installed programs will not be affected. The "old" Windows will be kept on side and if you wish you can go back. The all process takes about 1-2 hours. Here you can see tutorial how to do this: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html Windows 10 Help Forums . I prefer to use to do repair of Windows 10 with USB Installation Media, however the method using Media Creation Tool gives the same good result.

Leon

0 Kudos