Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
12333 Discussions

nuc8i5beh Integrated graphics problem

smith1
Beginner

nuc8i5beh Integrated graphics is iris plus 655

I tested win10 and win11, and tested the drivers version starting with 27 and 28 and 29 and 30. In Diablo II Resurrected this game, if you don’t equip the dream helmet. The picture quality is set to low and it is normal. Once the dream helmet is equipped, the screen will be torn. .

The Dream Helmet is composed of three runes, the Chinese name is: 梦境头
0 Kudos
16 Replies
smith1
Beginner

tested driver version:

tested driver versiontested driver version

problem gif 

Because the screen recording file is large, it is uploaded to the network disk :

link:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1E96WBu0ax1BwgwaWPRI_ew
Extraction code:zgfo

AndrewG_Intel

Hello @smith1

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

In order to understand better this request and check it further, could you please provide us with the following information?

1- We understand that you are experiencing an issue when playing the game Diablo II: Resurrected. Is this correct?

2- Did this game work fine before? If yes, were there any recent hardware or software changes that may relate to the point when the issue started to happen? (for instance, Windows, driver, BIOS, or game updates?

3- Are you experiencing issues only with this game or with other games?

4- Have you checked with the game developers if your system meets the "Recommended Specifications" to run this game? For instance, we found this link with some information: Diablo II: Resurrected System Requirements*. We recommend verifying with Blizzard* Support this information as well for additional tips and recommendations.

5- Unfortunately, we are having issues downloading the screen recording file. The website is not in the English language but only in Chinese. The download link we found shows a pop-up to download a .exe file (installer). Could you please provide a different method to get this file? Could you please try a different channel or provide guidance on how to access and download the screen recording file?

6- Please provide detailed step-by-step instructions for issue replication. (If you provide a video as suggested in Step 5, you may include the replication steps in the same video).

7- Run the Intel® System Support Utility (Intel® SSU) to gather more details about the system:

• Download the Intel® SSU and save the application on your computer
  • Open the application, check the "Everything" checkbox, and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. The Intel® SSU defaults to the "Summary View" on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says "Summary" to change to "Detailed View".
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save.
  • Once you have saved the file (.txt file), please attach it to your reply.

To upload and attach a file, use the "Drag and drop here or browse files to attach" option below the response textbox.

Note: Our support is only provided in English. We may not be able to translate the screenshots attached to the thread.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

smith1
Beginner

1.yes

2.this game work fine before(But the problem I posted keeps on), no any recent hardware or software changes .

3. issues only with this game

4.I think the system requirements are enough, because this is the strongest set of 8th generation i5.
I hope intel can test and solve this problem. If can't solve it, I hope intel can contact Blizzard to solve it together. thanks

5 and 6.problem video uploaded to mega.
https://mega.nz/file/ybARWKID#d4hLs_0NSurTCK5BLOtO_uYHxjBlvwettlp4-o40x_0

7.ssu.txt uploaded

smith1
Beginner

If the hardware requirements are not met, the operation will pop up as shown in the figure. Of course, I tested it in the vmware virtual machine. It shows that the hardware fully meets the requirements.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello smith1

Thank you for your response and for the information.

Checking the Intel® SSU report, we noticed the computer is running the latest generic graphics driver. The latest validated and customized graphics driver for the Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i5BEH is version 27.20.100.8681. Therefore, we would like to recommend trying a clean installation of this driver. Please follow these steps:

1- Download the latest driver from this link and save the file on the computer: Intel® Graphics DCH Driver for NUC8i3BE, NUC8i5BE, NUC8i7BE Version: 27.20.100.8681

2- Disconnect from the internet to make sure the driver will not be automatically updated by Windows.

3- Right-click the Windows Start button. Select Device Manager.

4- Expand the Display adapters section and look for the Intel Graphics entry in Device Manager (e.g.: Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 655).

5- Right-click on Intel Graphics and click Uninstall.

6- In the device removal dialog box, check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.

7- Restart the computer after the uninstallation is complete.

8- Open Device Manager once more.

9- Very Important: Expand the Display Adapter section again:

• If the graphics entry still displays Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 655 or similar, repeat steps 5-7.
  • If the graphics entry displays Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, run the previously downloaded file in step 1 to install the driver.

10- Reboot the computer when prompted.

Please report back if the issue persists. If it does, please let us know if the behavior is the same if you try different video resolutions and game settings.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

smith1
Beginner

change the driver version...the issue persists.

try different video resolutions and game settings. the issue persists.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello smith1

Thank you for your response. Please allow us to review this further and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as more details are available.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello smith1

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

After checking this further, our recommendation is to make sure that the system is running the latest graphics driver.

Based on the Game requirements*: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/284798 we would say that this game requires a dedicated graphics driver for a better video experience.

You may try these additional recommendations:

Best regards,

Andrew G.

smith1
Beginner

I suggest you test it. As long as it is live, it will spend the screen. Instead of suggesting that I change the driver, change the game settings, change the resolution or full screen, etc., because I've tried all these.

1. I think the iris 655 graphics card is not bad. If you think it's bad, I can't help it
2. Why do nvidia and amd graphics cards won’t flicker?
AndrewG_Intel

Hello smith1

Thank you for your response and for this information. Please allow us to review this and we will be posting back in the thread as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

AndrewG_Intel

Hello smith1

We are still working on this; however, we would like you to confirm if there are two issues with the Intel® NUC or if it is only one issue.

In your first post, you mentioned the screen is torn during the game when "once the dream helmet is equipped".

And in your latest post, you said: "flickering". Can you please confirm or clarify if you refer "torn" as "flickering"?

Best regards,

Andrew G.

smith1
Beginner
it is only one issue.
the screen is torn during the game when "once the dream helmet is equipped".

but,As long as it is in the game, the skill with electric shock effect will cause the game screen to tear.

smith1
Beginner
Also, your endless replies have not moved me. Instead of asking some naive questions (at least I think it’s naive, or you think users are naive. In my opinion, the game screen tears or flickers, will cause the game to not play normally, the video is also sent to you, do you think you Blind?) It is better to actually test, or even cooperate with Blizzard.
AndrewG_Intel

Hello smith1

Thank you for your response and for the clarification. Please allow us to review this and we will be posting back more details as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Ronny_G_Intel
Community Manager

Hi @smith1

I checked with the Graphics team and they have filed a couple of bug sightings for Diablo II Resurrected* showing corruption in Graphics, however, all of these issues are being captured and investigated for Tiger Lake platforms (11th Generation Processors) and newer, unfortunately, we cannot commit to a fix for issues on 8th Generation Platforms.

I can only recommend that you keep checking for newer driver versions that may address the issue that you are reporting but as mentioned before, we cannot commit or promise anything at this point.

Regards,

Ronny G

AndrewG_Intel

Hello smith1

We have not heard back from you so we will proceed to close this thread now. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Best regards,

Andrew G.