Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

nuc8i7beh USB Type-C Daisy Chain of 4K monitors at 60Hz

I have a nuc8i7beh. Is it possible to connect 2 4K monitors to the Type-C port and have them both run at 60 Hz ?

NUC --> Monitor 1 --> Monitor 2

Also, would I be able to connect a dell-u4919dw-monitor to the type C and obtain the 5120 x1440 resolution at 60 Hz

Thanks,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

When you connect multiple monitors using either a Display Port Daisy-Chain or a MST Hub, these monitors are sharing the bandwidth of the single DisplayPort 1.2 output channel exposed in the USB-C interface. What this means that the best you will be able to support is two 4K monitors operating at 30Hz.

I do not know whether anyone has tried connecting one of these Super Ultra-Wide QHD monitors to a NUC. When this question came up previously, the issue identified (at the theoretical level) was that the monitor states a requirement for DisplayPort 1.4 while the NUC only has support for DisplayPort 1.2. Unfortunately, no one has yet come back and informed us of their attempt to connect one.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

On a side note, I am able to connect a QHD monitor to the HDMI output at 60Hz, so in theory, If I wanted to have 2 QHD running at 60 Hz, I could connect one to the HDMI, and the other to the Typc-C DP 1.2

Thanks Scott for your input, this helps indeed. Have a good day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Yes, that's correct. In fact, using a two-port USB-C-to-HDMI MST Hub, you could (in theory; I've never tried it) connect two 60Hz HDMI QHD monitors to the USB-C connector and an third to the HDMI connector for a nice three-monitor setup!

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi there i got recently connected my nuc NUC7i5BNB with the latest bios 0072 and drivers on a updated win 10 machine with two 2K screens the AOC Q3279WG5B with this cable https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Cabletime-USB-C-naar-DisplayPort-Kabel-4-k-60-hz-Type-C-USB-3-1-Thund....

No problem with one screen connected to the nuc but if i connect the second screen i get a no signal notification on the second screen connected with usb-c to dp 1.2 both running at 60hz if i unplug the usb-c cable from the nuc and plug it back in the second screen is working again.

But when i shutdown the pc for a while i stil get the no signal notification. For me i need a solution for the unplug and replug the cable all the time i dont have a spare cable to test by the way.

I hope you find a solution and maybe this message gives you more information about the problems you get into.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Please, help us to track his behavior by creating a new thread. Add all you information on a new thread, you can take this thread as reference. Amy C Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos