Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssmit23
Beginner

nvme for adobe CC

Hey everyone was just curious if anyone had any idea whether it is worth springing the extra 300 for a 2tb nvme ssd. If it was just for gaming, my understanding is I would see no difference. With adobe cc however, I sometimes do use large files and several layers, as well as working between different adobe creative cloud applications. Would it be worth getting the nvme drive or should I put that 300 towards a second m.2 drive which I know I will need in the near future.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello MrHadesCanyon,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

That really depends on what you really want to achieve. As you were mentioning, choosing the fastest storage device would be the best option for software such as Adobe Creative Cloud and the like, in which you need to access a large number of files. In this case, transfer speeds and performance boost are always desirable.

So this decision really depends on what you would like to do in the near future.

Wanner G.
ssmit23
Beginner

thanks for the reply, is the real world speed increase in these sorts of applications noticeable, or is the margin quiet small? few people seem to be talking about its application in the adobe suite and seem more focused on the gaming aspect it is hard to find benchmark comparisons on this subject.

idata
Community Manager

Hello MrHadesCanyon,

I recommend you to look at software requirements and features. Some applications prioritize read/write performance over CPU/RAM usage. If the former is what software such as Adobe Creative Cloud requires to deliver the best experience possible, an NVMe SSD would be great for your system.

Now, you probably need to contact Adobe Communities as they may have additional information about this difference/gap you are mentioning.

Wanner G.
ssmit23
Beginner

Thanks for all the help!