Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
Do you have improvements you would like us to make on this community site? If so, we would love to hear your feedback! Click here for an 8 question survey. Thanks!

11447 Discussions

on nuc7cjyh, after updating the bios from 0027 to 0058, ubuntu installation impossible

Chaine77
Beginner

Hello community
on nuc7cjyh, after updating the bios from 0027 to 0058, ubuntu installation impossible.My nuc7cjyh with bios 0027 was working normally under Debian. I have updated to 0058 and cannot install Ubuntu, Debian, Linus Mint ... with different versions. Windows 10 installation works.
Unable to revert back (0027 to 0057), bios incompatible message. The recovery always gives 0058.
the NUC boots well on the USB stick and displays the Ubuntu menu, and the trial or total installation does not start.
Is there a Linux version that can be installed, or how to go back to Bios JYGLKCPX.86A.0027
Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
1 Reply
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Yes, this is a known problem and Intel is working to resolve it. Since no delivery date for this fix is known, you need to determine how long you are willing to wait. If your NUC is still under warranty, you do have the choice of having the unit RMAed for one that doesn't have this errant BIOS installed on it.

After verifying that your warranty is still active (here: Determine if Your Product Is Still Under Warranty), you need to directly contact Intel Customer Support to initiate the RMA process (you cannot do this through the forums). Here are pages where you can lookup contact information, including local/country phone numbers, by geography:

You can use the online forms service or email, but I actually recommend calling them directly. The above links provide local or toll-free numbers in most countries and support most local languages. You could also use the chat service (start here: Intel Customer Support Chat), but understand that this service is offered in English only and is subject to the normal (9:00-5:00 M-F) office hours in the Pacific (UTC-8) time zone.

Hope this helps,

...S