Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nosauce
Beginner

"Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" UnCheck does not stick for TB3 controller

I need the following setting to be UnChecked in order for my TB3 dock to function properly:

in the power management tab (device manager --> TB controller --> properties):

"Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

However, whenever I reboot my computer, the option is checked again automatically. How do I prevent this from happening everytime I reboot?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello nsauc1 Thank you for posting in the Intel Community. • What are the model of the system and the model of the docking station? • Is the Power management setting in BIOS or the operating system (OS)? Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello nsauc1 I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further help. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
nosauce
Beginner

HP Spectre x360 15-df0068nr (Late 2018): i7-8565U, UHD 620, Nvidia MX150, 2x16GB DDR4 2.666GHz (18-19-19-39) Corsair Vengeance, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 2TB SSD, Intel Wireless-AC 9560

- CalDigit TS3+ TB3 Dock

The dock only works with the setting unchecked. And Windows keeps rechecking it.

Leonardo_C_Intel

Hello nsauc1 Thank you for the information. Thunderbolt™ is a technology that computer manufacturers customize for their platforms. Intel provides firmware and driver updates directly to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) (HP*, Lenovo*, Dell*, and so on) and doesn't support their products. It's their responsibility to test and validate updates before posting them for customers on their support websites. Refer to the following link for OEM contact information: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html Hope this helps. Regards, Leonardo C. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation