Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KWill16
Beginner

random question for you today.

Once you take the standard fan off the NUC there are 3 small mounting holes.I can’t get my Vernier callipers into them to measure so was wondering could you find out from Intel what size they are please? As need to mount a heat sink to it. I know the holes are smaller than M3 as that is the smallest bolts/screws I have. 

The Product code for the nimble is BLKNUC7I7BNB

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello KWill16, Thank you for posting on this Intel Community. To provide you with more information about your request, we will investigate it further and get back to you as soon as possible. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello KWill16, We are writing to update this thread. Most information about the Intel® NUC design can be found in the following support links below: 1. Technical Product Specification (TPS). We recommend reviewing the information contained in section 2.4 Mechanical Considerations of this file. https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/mini-pcs/nuc-kits/NUC7i5BN_NUC7i7BN_TechPr... 2. You can also refer to the "Step" file available at the following link to check more detailed drawings of the fan heatsink, or the front and back panel connectors. This is useful in case you are trying to use your own heat sink. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006820/mini-pcs.html?productId=95065&loc... 3. It is worth mentioning that using a third-party fan might void the warranty. If you have experiencing fan issues or if the fan is not working as expected, and if the unit is still under warranty, you may also replace the whole unit for better performance. In this scenario, we recommend contacting Intel Customer Support in your region. We will be glad to help you. Wanner G. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello KWill16, 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello KWill16, 

If you need further assistance, please contact us back.

Wanner G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation