Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
11779 Discussions

screen flicker - NUC10i7FNB

TonyC
Novice

i have my new BXNUC10I7FNH4 connected to my Dell UltraSharp 49 Monitor - U4919DW running at 5120 x 1440 resolution. i have tried using both hdmi to hdmi and thunderbolt/displayport to displayport but i keep getting a problem with the screen flickering when playing video embedded in websites.

i do not have this problem with other devices connected to the monitor at the same resolution. i have done all of the recommended driver and bios updates but the problem still occurs.

could someone please help me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TonyC
Novice

after a lot of assistance from intel support (thank you very much), this problem has been resolved by disabling "Use hardware acceleration when available" in both chrome and edge. yay.

whilst video performance on a monitor of this size isn't the greatest from this nuc unit, it is good enough especially considering the spec does not support his resolution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
lEdge
New Contributor I

Straight up soft problem.

http://haali.su/mkv/ 

You can use tools as is, just don't know how to implement into the browser correctly.

TonyC
Novice
no, that does not help at all.
lEdge
New Contributor I

I don't know how to explain this. I only seen problems like this in a VLC player filter problems. Where you are using the video hardware for rendering. When it's not supposed to be used like that. As a matter a fact it's just a offset address for filter count versus the pixel count in a bit ratio. It's not a permanent problem for this device. I may be wrong if we share more details.

lEdge
New Contributor I
TonyC
Novice

after a lot of assistance from intel support (thank you very much), this problem has been resolved by disabling "Use hardware acceleration when available" in both chrome and edge. yay.

whilst video performance on a monitor of this size isn't the greatest from this nuc unit, it is good enough especially considering the spec does not support his resolution.