Intel® NUCs
Support for Intel® NUC products
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience is changing in February to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
12546 Discussions

windows 11 or 10 drivers for nuc10i3fnk?(*says i3fbn in ssu)

Kannz
Beginner

Hello I have a last gen nuc. I'm having a problem with drivers. I'm using windows 11 22000.652 at the moment. could someone point me to the correct drivers for windows 10 or 11? My sound driver updated through windows and now I have no sound. after Realtek - Extension - 1.0.8950.1 update and Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Extension - 6.0.8950.1.  i dont know how to remove the updates.  

EDIT: sorry forgot to add the information

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro(10.0.22000 Build 22000)
Physical Memory (Installed): 32 GB
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-10110U CPU @ 2.10GHz
System Type: x64-based PC
Total Installed Updates: 19 Updates - See Detailed View for more information
Display Adapter(s): Intel(R) UHD Graphics 30.0.101.1660
System Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
System Model: NUC10i3FNB
Network Adapter(s): Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (10) I219-V 12.18.9.23
VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter 6.1.34.636
Disk(s): Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB 187.46 GB (available) 10.0.22000.1
Samsung SSD 980 PRO 500GB 364.87 GB (available) 10.0.22000.1

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

By internal I mean internal, but you can use them to route to a front panel if you wish.

There is not enough information provided with that item to tell if that connector has the right pitch (you need 1.25mm pitch, not 2mm).

As I said, Micro SATA Cables (and GORITE, the manufacturer behind them) is the best place to get the correct cables. In addition to the lids, they have a complete selection of cables. They also sell through Amazon and I just did a search to see if this cable is orderable there. Sure enough, here it is: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N2N8V12.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

20 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Kannz 

1. The first driver you have to install is the Chipset Device Software. After Downloading and installing this driver reboot your NUC.

2. Only now, you may download and install all other drivers.

3. If you don't fill safe to manually download and install drivers, after manually installing the Chipset Device Software, download and install the Intel Driver & Support Assistant and use it for the driver update.

Leon

Kannz
Beginner

a couple of the current drivers aren't able to be downloaded? the thunderbolt driver and the realtek audio driver?

LeonWaksman
Super User

You are right. There is a problem in the Download Site.  The Thunderbolt DCH driver and the latest Realtek Audio driver can't be downloaded. Wait for Intel Agent for answer.

Leon

Kannz
Beginner

cool. thank you very much. I now have the two drivers I was wanting I think.

one other thing I was wondering about the lan driver 12.18.9.23 does it allow wake on packet? I don't see an option in the driver advanced settings area. two missing spots that say no description though?

Steven_Intel

Hello Jamesdemar,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Please confirm you are trying to download the drivers from these links:

As well, are you getting any error while trying to download? Or is it an issue with the Download Center? If there is any error, please provide a screenshot/ picture.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Steven_Intel 

It was issue with the Download Center, which is fixed now.

Leon

Steven_Intel

Hello Leon,

Thank you for confirming the issue with the Download Center is now solved.

@Kannz Please let me know if you do not have the issue anymore or if you have any additional concerns I can help you with.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Kannz
Beginner

uh my reply was farther up. not sure why.

earlier reply:

cool. thank you very much. I now have the two drivers I was wanting I think.

one other thing I was wondering about the lan driver 12.18.9.23 does it allow wake on packet? I don't see an option in the driver advanced settings area. two missing spots that say no description though?

Steven_Intel

Hello Kannz,

Thank you for your response.

The Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V does support Wake on LAN (WOL). Make sure it is enabled in BIOS:

1. Press F2 during boot to enter BIOS Setup.
  2. Select the Power menu.
  3. Within Secondary Power Settings check to make sure Wake-on-LAN from S4/S5 is set to: Power On - Normal Boot (this is the default setting).
  4. Press F10 to save and exit the BIOS Setup.

As well, make sure to enable the "Allow this device to wake the computer" and “Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer” options. Even though the option is not present in Advanced settings, WOL should still work fine.

Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Best regards,

Steven G.

Kannz
Beginner

Thank you I'll try this out when I get the chance.

I have another question. Is there a problem with the graphics driver? having a few bugs I think not related to hardware. what is the recommended graphics driver version to use? I'm using the most recent version 30.0.101.1660. sometimes my screen goes blank and also sleep mode doesn't work most of the time. 

EDIT: thank you Alhill. I'll install that one. not sure why I wasn't able to find the newer driver.  

AlHill
Super User

@Kannz The most recent version is 1960:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19344/intel-graphics-windows-dch-drivers.html

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

AlHill
Super User

@Kannz "Is there a problem with the graphics driver?" 

Sorry, but I cannot resist - Does the bear live in the woods?<G>

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

Steven_Intel

Hello Kannz,

Thank you for your response.

Are you getting the blank screen when doing a task in specific (gaming, watching videos, editing, etc.)?

Was the latest driver version 30.101.1960 able to solve the issues?

Best regards,

Steven G.

Kannz
Beginner

Since I updated the new driver it seems the screen blanking has stopped so it may of just been a badly installed driver.

could you tell me what the two white 4pin sockets are on the nuc board? I know it says usb but what is it used for? front panel? what adapter would I need for this?

n_scott_pearson

Those are headers for internal USB 2.0 ports. Micro SATA Cables offers a whole slew of replacement lids for the FN NUCs that make use of these ports to support various capabilities.

...S

Kannz
Beginner

thank you for the reply.

by internal you mean they would be for front panel? what cable would I need for that? I'm not using the original case I have it in a akasa turing fx so a case top wouldn't really help. I would be looking for just a cable out of a port in my case right off the nuc board. 

EDIT: would this work? amazonlink  

n_scott_pearson

By internal I mean internal, but you can use them to route to a front panel if you wish.

There is not enough information provided with that item to tell if that connector has the right pitch (you need 1.25mm pitch, not 2mm).

As I said, Micro SATA Cables (and GORITE, the manufacturer behind them) is the best place to get the correct cables. In addition to the lids, they have a complete selection of cables. They also sell through Amazon and I just did a search to see if this cable is orderable there. Sure enough, here it is: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N2N8V12.

Hope this helps,

...S

Kannz
Beginner

Cool. thank you for the help.

Steven_Intel

We're glad to know the information helped. Hopefully, it will help other community members.

Since the thread is now solved, we will close it. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question, as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards,

Steven G.

Kannz
Beginner

oops I accidently hit the solved button. My screen going black is still happening. is there a recommended old driver that works? sigh..