Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

815P or M15 118-120GB size? where to buy

jaj00
Novice

these two SKUs were found on intel's website on their product list .pdf file.

SSDPEK1F118GA01 <- 118GB 815P

MEMPEK1F064GA01 <- 64GB M15

where can we purchase the 118G 815P?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Sorry, but this is a product support site and we do not have any information regarding where you might find these items. You will need to contact your local distributors to find out who has inventory.

...S

0 Kudos
jaj00
Novice

no, we come here to ask is because we can't find any. also by answering here you are technically supporting the product. product called M15 or 815P.

can't you not ask the right department to ask them help us find these answers? or redirect me where we should post to get these answers?

n_scott_pearson
Super User

No, that's not the type of support offered here. I am sorry, but we can't help you. Products are sold through the distribution channels and Intel has little control over how fast or slow​ they move through the channels or where items are stocked.

...S

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello jaj00,

As we understand, you are requesting information related to some Intel® SSDs. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can review the following answers to your questions:

Q: What is the availability of the Intel Optane memory M15?

A: Intel has decided to remove Intel Optane memory M15 from its memory roadmap. Intel will continue to support HDD acceleration with the M10 product.

Q: Where can we buy the 815p series product?

A: Intel has decided not to bring the Intel SSD 815p product to market. Intel will continue to support demand for fast boot drives with Intel® SSD 800p which is already in high volume production. 

We hope you find this information helpful.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

jaj00
Novice

not exactly, it is actually being advertised by your company and released and you can see the link i've included in the product page. if not released and if its really cancelled, remove that page to avoid confusion?

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/series/189225/intel-optane-memory-m15-series.html

pretty sure this is released and even though you said roadmap changed the product has been confirmed by big review sites such as PCPer and Anandtech, at this point we will need more confirmed details so please help us check into it as we know it is not cancelled and actually released, as per intel's own website.

0 Kudos
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

Now only that but why is a forum being used to make this announcement instead of actually making a real official announcement?

I also ordered 2 M15 drives from Tigerdirect. They have since put that order on back order and removed their listings so if there was a last minute change, Intel left a lot of people hanging.

FYI, the M15 is still listed for sale on many German and Russian sites.

BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

You might also find this interesting. Intel's official Q3 roadmap can be found here, you will find page 101 and 103 interesting:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/technology-provider/public/documents/reference-guides/product-quick-reference-matrix-2019-Q3.pdf

BHarr8
Valued Contributor I
jaj00
Novice

can we get some answers from Intel? on everywhere say it is launching Q3 2019 and it is available on a product page on intel's own website and Intel's employee not knowing these details?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Intel already provided you with the answer. The product has been cancelled. Abrupt cancellations like this happen from time to time. Intel reserves the right to change their roadmap at any time.

References to the cancelled product will be removed in the fullness of time. As for advertising from downstream retailers and distributors, Intel has no control over what they do, but you can presume that these too will disappear over time.

...S

jaj00
Novice

You are known on reddit that is being very unhelpful on these forums as well as talking with a condescending attitude. Since I have no idea if you work for intel or not I will just ignore you.

We will be following up on the product page for next few weeks to see if it is removed.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Insulting me is not going to change anything. You have the official answer from Intel and it is not going to change.

...S

0 Kudos
jaj00
Novice

nope not insulting you, simply pointing it out that you are not well received out there and that I made my decision on not to take in what you've said as it is unhelpful to our request.

if I were to insult you I would be using profanity and other words though.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello jaj00,

First of all we really appreciate the participation of the community and we thank n.scott.pearson for his commitment on assisting the community and for replying with the right information and recommendations, let me add the following information to my previous post in order to provide you and the community with more data related to your inquiry please review our statement below:

The Intel Optane memory M15 product series was planned as a follow-on to the Intel Optane memory M10 that is designed for HDD acceleration. However, in “1H’19” the sales of PCs with HDDs dropped faster than expected due to the market environment. Therefore we have decided not to bring M15 to market and instead continue to support demand for HDD acceleration solution with the Intel Optane Memory M10 which is already in high volume production.

The website reflects our intent to go into production; this will be updated to reflect the latest status.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
BHarr8
Valued Contributor I

Is Intel aware that this product made it all the way to product listings on sites like Tigerdirect? Canceling this late was a seriously bad move from a PR standpoint.

For what its worth Optane didn't fail because it was a bad product, it failed because Intel did not understand how to best utilize it. The 2 best use cases for Optane were not even supported.

These are the 2 use cases I personally used:

Cheap 2TB SATA SSD + 58GB 800P <- faster and cheaper than the 970. This could have been one hell of a selling point.

Very large SATA SSD + 118GB 800P <- the only way to get NVMe (or better) performance with large capacity.

I currently support 3 laptops that use the top configuration (one of them is mine) and the bottom one is in several gaming systems.

You can search my posting history, I asked about these fantastic configurations several times even posting benchmarks showing how good they perform yet Intel had 0 interest.

This cancellation cancels 3 pending projects of mine and I now have 0 faith in continued support for the existing drives. Why on earth would Intel pay developers to work on drivers for Optane cache when the project is dead? I don't buy it and I suspect that no one else will either.

jaj00
Novice

I have to agree with BHarr8. registering to intel forum was extremely painful and difficult yet we registered here because we care enough about Intel's product.

Just like BHarr8 I purchased a laptop 1.5 months ago knowing the M15 or 815P are coming due to review tech sites out there and now Intel is cancelling this product? does Intel know how much effect this has on people who has made purchase/business decision based off of paper launch, while not communicate with the public that product has now being pulled?

What horrible business practice, if this is the case I would also not purchase from Intel anymore.

0 Kudos