Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

BIOS configuration not compatible with Optane memory ? (NUC7i5BNH)

idata
Employee

As said in the title I do not succeed in installing Optane memory in my NUC7i5BNH

I tried to do it right

- Windows 10 64 bits installation

- update of Intel drivers and BIOS version

- I have created 64 Mo unallocated space at the end of the partition

-.. but ... SetupOptanememory.exe ends up in error message: BIOS configuration is not compatible

Could you please help ?

Pictures of visual BIOS settings are attached

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello serbru,

Thanks for posting in our communities. We understand that you're receiving error message "BIOS configuration is not compatible " when trying to enable Intel® Optane™ Memory system acceleration.

In addition to the BIOS screenshots you've already shared, we need to gather some more information about your system. Please attach the following files to your next reply:

- Intel® System Support Utility report.

1. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 Download the latest Intel® SSU.

2. Select to include "everything."

3. Name and save the report.

- Intel Optane Memory logs located at C:\Users\[your_user_name]\Intel\Logs.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Eugenio,

thanks for your prompt answer.

Here are the two requested files

Best regards,

Serge

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello serbru,

Thanks for the files. Your BIOS boot mode is set to Legacy. However, Intel Optane Memory system acceleration requires UEFI settings instead.

Please backup your data and follow the instructions in the article below to convert your boot configuration from Legacy to UEFI:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024558/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html Converting Windows® Installation from Legacy to UEFI without Data Loss

Please let us know the results.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos