Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

[BSOD] DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (Issue: 1807642041)

TTihe
Novice

Hello.

My PC is crashing every few hours with BSOD "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE".

It has something to do with iaStorAC.sys. I tried Optane software 17.0 and 17.5. This bug is mentioned in known issues (1807642041), any ETA on fix?

Any workaround?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TTihe
Novice

To clarify further: My Optane is accelerating a secondary drive that is an HDD, while I'm using my NVME for Windows and some other apps. I had 20 min inactive timer on the optane accelerated HDD, after which the HDD turns off (Windows power saving feature).

Setting "Turn off hard disk after: Setting (Minutes)" to Never solved the problem. Also I disabled pc sleep states etc. from the power options so my PC and optane HDD is 24/7 in power up state, also when left idle. It's now three days without crashing :)

I'll toss a comment here, if I encounter more problems with this BSOD.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Do you have Intel RST Driver installed (SetupRST.exe) or only the Optane Memory Driver(SetupOptaneMemory.exe) ? Any way it should be updated to the latest version. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28966/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-User-Interface-and-Driver?product=55005
  2. In addition update BIOS to the latest version.

Leon

0 Kudos
TTihe
Novice

BIOS is the newest one - 7B12v15 (with RST driver 17.2 support), and I have the SetupOptaneMemory.exe installed. Latest version has the same problem.

0 Kudos
TTihe
Novice

Here's all system specs.

0 Kudos
TTihe
Novice

To clarify further: My Optane is accelerating a secondary drive that is an HDD, while I'm using my NVME for Windows and some other apps. I had 20 min inactive timer on the optane accelerated HDD, after which the HDD turns off (Windows power saving feature).

Setting "Turn off hard disk after: Setting (Minutes)" to Never solved the problem. Also I disabled pc sleep states etc. from the power options so my PC and optane HDD is 24/7 in power up state, also when left idle. It's now three days without crashing :)

I'll toss a comment here, if I encounter more problems with this BSOD.