Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Brand new NUC NUC7i7BNHXG with 32GB Optane not booting

SLabe
Partner

Hi after initial configuration and running all latest Windows update, booting gets stuck on Intel Optane Memory Optimization Screen.

It displays Optimization phase 1 of 2 progress: 0% and does not budge. The computer will eventually go to sleep at which point I loose the display if I wake it and can only do a hard shut down.

Please advise, thank you.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi ArrowQM,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your situation regarding the Optane(R).

We have seen similar reports before with this situation, We recommend you to check if the "Fast Startup" option is disabled in your system.

Please let us know the outcome of your situation.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
SLabe
Partner

Quick question... Is there an easy way to bypass the optimizing screen so I can get back into windows and check this? Hitting "any key' doesn't do it and only way I know would be to go disable the optane in the BIOS.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ArrowQM,

Thanks for the reply.

In this case, we recommend you to disable the Optane(R) from the BIOS since you are not able to access Windows(R). We recommend you to follow the next steps:

1-Go to the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) option on the BIOS.

2-Select the Optane(R) Memory.

3-click the Option that says "Deconcatenate".

4-Select "Yes" to preserve user data after deconcatenation.

5-Select "Yes" to confirm deconcatenation.

6-Select Start deconcatenation.

You can check the information in the following https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024626/memory-and-storage.html video after minute 2:53.

After the process is started, the system may not show progress or may look to be frozen. You need to give some time and after that save BIOS changes and restart.

When this process is completed, you may be able to access Windows* again. Please make sure to disable the "Fast Startup" option and Enable the Optane(R) again.

Please let us know the outcome of your situation.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
SLabe
Partner

Thank you, indeed fast start was selected. Unselecting and reactivating optane appears to work correctly now. I can successfully reboot and get pass the optane optimization screen.

thanks again,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi ArrowQM,

We are glad to hear that your situation has been resolved.

If you have further questions then feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
mjons
New Contributor I

my NUC7i3 fails to boot after trying to update windows insider.

I can not find the option in bios to detach optane, where should it be?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi marjo,

We were trying to check the information. However, we were not able to find the specific option. We recommend you to post on the /community/tech/nuc Intel(R) Nuc Support Community in order to get further assistance.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos