Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Can I recover a hidden 32GB Optane module when I shut down the machine with the Optane module turned on then changed my single NVRam for two, made a raid boot drive from an image then cleared my Bios at reboot.

TWall8
Beginner

ROG Maximus XI Extreme Intel i9 9900K new build 32GB Ram

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi TWall8;

Greetings from Intel® Optane communities.

You will be contacted on private message by our advance warranty team.

Might you have any doubts or additional inquiries, please let us know at once.

We will be available to help you in any way we can.

Santiago A.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
TWall8
Beginner

Thank you Santiago, I feel a little foolish but having built an Intel i9 9900K system from scratch I did OK up until then at age 70 hi. It would be nice though to get the Optane working as I did not really get a chance to put it though its paces the first time around as I had to clean many years of junk of the boot drive and a clean Windows install seemed the easy way forward hi, and a CMOS reset is common when starting a new overclock. Just a pity I did not deactivate the Optane chip first hi. It is hiding from me really well now hi.

I look forward to hearing from your team and once again I am sorry about this as it clearly was my fault.

0 Kudos
TWall8
Beginner

OK Gang I now have a return proceedure started when I got this bombshell. Be aware I had allread sent them a screen shot of the purchase direct from the Amazon order page as a standard JPEG Image

"Hi Thomas;

Thank you for your reply to Intel® Optane communities.

We have received your image capture for the purchase invoice of your Optane Memory Module; please let me indicate, our Warranty department will require to have the original invoice sent to you by the seller (Amazon*), and this document must be sent to us in PDF format."

Now just think about this for a while. Why would I be able to return Optane memory to them if I had not pruchased it from the seller on Amazon the original screen shot said I had? Good Question and of course I can not find the original invoice. So I will throw away the Optane memory and give Intel a bad rep on Social media. It is all the same to me. Case closed. What were they thinking when they provide no way to unhide optane memory if you as an overclocker took the very common steps that I did in doing a clean install of Windows and a total bios reset but forgot to unmount optane memory first. I can bet you I am not the only person to have done this. Disgusting.

0 Kudos
Santiago_A_Intel
Employee

Hi TWall8;

Greetings from Intel® Optane communities.

You will be contacted on separate message by our advance warranty team.

Might you have any doubts or additional inquiries, please let us know at once.

We will be available to help you in any way we can.

Santiago A.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
MaryT_Intel
Employee

Hi TWall8,

Thanks for letting us know of your issues/concerns. I saw behind the scenes that Santiago was taking good care of you and resolving the issue. Let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with. Thank you!

Mary T.

Support Communities Manager

0 Kudos
TWall8
Beginner

No thank you. As I ripped the lable off the front of the Optane chips to imporve thermal conductivity. I have the chips but I can not give the serial numbers of them to obtain warrenty help. I will simply swallow this loss and stay well away from Optane memory in the future. I am using primo cache software now at the expense of system memory. How dare Intel market a product with no way to recover a hidden chip if you forget to un hind it before a factory BIOS reset and clean Windows install. Pretty sure I am not the only home brew PC modder to have done this. Disgusting.

0 Kudos