Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Error Code: 0xA008002D after update to Ver. 16.0.2.1086

SRend
Beginner

Hello! After updating Intel Optane Memory software from ver.15.9.0.1015 to ver.16.0.2.1086 I received this error: Error Code: 0xA008002D. Unsupported System BIOS is set in Legacy Mode.

I was forced to downgrade back. Screenshots included.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello surr,

Thanks for posting in our communities. We understand that you're having issues with Intel® Optane™ Memory after installing the latest Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) drivers (16.0.2.1086).

In order to better assist you, please provide us with following files:

- Intel® System Support Utility report.

1. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-%3Fproduct%3D91600 Download the latest Intel® SSU.

2. Select to include "everything."

3. Name and save the report.

- Intel Optane logs located at C:\Users\[your_user_name]\Intel\Logs

The attach button is located at the lower right of the reply box.

Just to be clear, were you able to enable Intel Optane Memory acceleration after rolling back the driver to version (15.9.0.1015)?

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
SRend
Beginner

Hello Eugenio.

Thanks for your answer.

1. Today I tried once again to update the program. The result is the same: the same error. failure.

report attached.

2. After rolling back the driver from 16.0.2.1086 to previous version (15.9.0.1015) acceleration was automatically enabled.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello surr,

Thanks for providing the Intel SSU report.

Checking the https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z270%20Extreme4/index.asp# Download motherboard's support website, we noticed the latest Intel RST/Optane memory driver version is 15.5.0.1015, they have not uploaded version 16.X so far.

We'll report the issue to the appropriate team. For now, please keep using the previous driver release and check the motherboard manufacturer website for BIOS and software updates.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
SRend
Beginner

Hello Eugenio.

The essence of the problem became clear to me.

Thanks for your help!

p.s. I forgot to send you Intel\logs

apparently no longer needed

0 Kudos