Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

HP optane memory H10 ( 32gb optane memory + 512 ssd ) show only 27GB space

Ali70
Beginner

Hi

I have HP Omen 15 Ek0013dx. i have ssd ( 32 optane memory + 512ssd ) everything worked fine but recently an app is crashed due to this windows also crashed and when I tried to install new windows it shows only one disk partition of 27GB instead of 2 partitions (512GB) i searched and found that my optane memory of 32GB is currently active and SSD of 512gb is disabled.

I tried to search for solutions on the internet but they said multiple options need to be changed which are not present in Omen UEFI so how can I fix this issue.???

2nd thing is I bought and another simple M2 SSD and installed windows 10 in it and its worked fine and then i put intel optane memory as a secondary drive but it still shows only 27GB instead of 512GB. i also tried official drivers but nothing worked for me (my old crashed OS windows 10 is still present in my intel optene memory SSD which was C: drive before) i want to get back my 512GB drives intead of 27GB optene memory.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, Ali70.

Good day,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support Forums.

I received your case regarding your Optane not being properly recognized, I will be glad to assist you.

If only one portion of the Optane H Series is being recognized, it is possible that additional configuration in the system BIOS is required, just as you have already mentioned.

In this case we recommend you to work with the system manufacturer for them to provide you with the necessary configuration for your Optane H series, especially if the system originally came with the Optane pre-configured.

If you have any questions, please let me know, I will keep th4e thread open and follow up on January 11th.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Ali70
Beginner

i checked the bios but there is no options relevant to Optane memory 

but i found these errors in drivers (see attachment)

i update them but it's not worked at all and still show an errors 

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, Ali70.

Good day,

The best recommendation we have is to review this scenario with the system manufacturer (OEM) in order for them to provide you guidance on the necessary configuration for the Optane H Series in this particular system, and also the driver that must be installed.

You can try installing the latest Intel RST driver for your platform and the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management, and check if there is an option to clear metadata and put the storage portion of the disk back online, but it is still recommended to contact the OEM.

I will follow up on January 13th just in case.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, Ali70.

Good day,

I wanted to follow up on your thread to check if we can be of assistance.

I will keep the thread open and follow up again on January 18th before closing the thread.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, Ali70.

Good day,

This post is to inform you about the thread closure.

I previously shared that the best recommendation we have is to review this scenario with the system manufacturer (OEM) in order for them to provide you guidance on the necessary configuration for the Optane H Series in this particular system, and also the driver that must be installed.

The thread will be close right now and no longer monitored by Intel support since there was no confirmation after trying to follow up.

If recovering the data is detrimental, and the drive is not accessible via regular means, you can also check with a data recovery company. Some of them may offer a free diagnostic and provide you an estimate, but this type of professional service tends to be expensive, that is why it is always recommended to keep a backup of the information no matter the drive or system:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006357/memory-and-storage.html

If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, you can always contact us back.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos