Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

Hello, I have been having a issue getting my intel 32gb optane memory module to enable. I keep getting the same error over and over with everything I tried the error im getting is "Error 0xA005004E memory application ran into a problem"

Dre
Novice

Iv checked my bios multiple times making sure everything is setup correctly CSM is disabled and all the other things are as they should be. Iv also updated my bios to the latest version just to be sure. But still havent had any luck getting this thing to work.

I have uploaded a image of the error and my ssu text file using the SSU tool from you guys

Thanks for any help,

Dre Lanni

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Dre
Novice

After removing my ubuntu partition from my E drive then extending my original windows volume and restarting the intel optane memory program I was finnaly able to get it to work.

Thanks for the help,

Dre Lanni

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Dre,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I have seen this error code in the past, and it has been fixed by un-installing the application, making sure there is at least 5MB of unallocated space at the end of the primary drive and then re-installing again the application.

For your reference, the partitions in the primary drive should look like in the picture below:

Partitions.JPG

Please take a screenshot of the Disk Management window just to check the drive partitions. You can open Disk Management by pressing the Windows* key + x, and then selecting the Disk Management option from the menu that will appear.

I’ll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Dre,

I would like to know if you have any updates.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
Dre
Novice

Hello after giving space to my C drive uninstalling the optane program and reinstalling the program im still getting the same exact error.

I have uploaded a image of my disc managment.

Thanks,

Dre Lanni

0 Kudos
Dre
Novice

Also just to give more info. My C drive is a ssd and my goal is to use this optane for my E drive which is a 2TB hdd my 2tb hdd has ubuntu on it i duel boot on it every once in a while when i need linux but if thats the probelm i am able to uninstall linux as I really do need it.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Dre,

Thank you for this additional information.

You can indeed accelerate a secondary drive, however this secondary drive must meet some requirements like for example not having any OS installed and only one single partition.

I recommend you to format your secondary drive so it meets the requirements. It may be possible that the error is happening because of this reason.

Please also take a look at the following article that includes additional details about the requirements for secondary drive acceleration: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000027987/memory-and-storage.html

If you have any questions or doubts, please let me know.

I recommend to perform a low-level format in the secondary drive instead of a regular format. The following article shows some third party tools you can use to perform the low-level format: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006198/memory-and-storage.html

I’ll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
Dre
Novice

After removing my ubuntu partition from my E drive then extending my original windows volume and restarting the intel optane memory program I was finnaly able to get it to work.

Thanks for the help,

Dre Lanni

DiegoV_Intel

Hi Dre,

That’s great! Thank you for the confirmation.

If you ever have another issue or concern about the Intel® Optane™ Memory, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread. We’ll try to help you in any way possible.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos