Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

Hello, What is the difference between H10 - P905 - P4801x? Does all of them unlock cpu bottleneck? Are they supported by Trx40 motherboard? H10 is not compatible with nvme but will still boost everything like all the other optane? Thanks

lfili2
Beginner
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, lfili2.

Thank you for contacting Intel Community Support.

I checked your ticket regarding the different drives and the compatibility, I will be glad to assist you.

The Intel® Optane™ Memory H10 has two sections, one for storage and one for acceleration (only to accelerate its storage section), this helps you save space in your system since you will only need one M.2 port instead of two (the old setup using one M.2 for the Optane Memory drive and one other port for the storage drive).

The Intel® Optane™ SSD 905P is designed just for storage, it does not offer the possibility to accelerate another storage drive, but it uses the same 3D XPoint™ technology.

The Intel® Optane™ SSD DC P4801X uses 3D XPoint™ as well, but this one is designed to withstand data center or enterprise environments, the other two are consumer drives.

Regarding the "bottleneck" you mentioned, what is exactly causing it and how did you diagnose it?, getting a better SSD may not be the solution you are looking for.

Regarding the compatibility, my recommendation is to contact the manufacturer of your motherboard to check what types of drives it will accept, especially in the case of the H10.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello, lfili2.

We have not heard from you since your first post 4 days ago, please, let us know if you need further assistance related to your Intel® products. We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos