Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Hello all, i have an ASUS FX53VD-RH71, with Intel Corei7 7th, I just bought an intel optane memory, and im having some troubles.

GTrej
Beginner

First of all the first time that i lunched the "intel memory optane" software " I couldn´t enable my optane cause it says that my BIOS was on legacy mode, so I went to the BIOS system and noticed that it was on UEFI, when i tried to reboot windows, the startup was broken i've had got to fix it, when i finally started up my windows again and lunched the optane software it was showing another error message saying "intel app was wrong installed" , i've re-lunch the software and now says " intel optane ran into a problem", and now the software just does not open, does anybody knows what is happening ? it's the software or the problem is with my laptop ?.

PS. Didn´t change anything in the BIOS.

Thanks for all your help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi GTrej,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand you are trying to set up the Intel® Optane™ Memory in your laptop, however you are getting some issues with the Intel® Optane™ Application.

I must say first that you have to confirm before trying to setup the module if your laptop is indeed compatible with the Intel® Optane™ Memory. Once you have confirmed it, then you should configure it properly at BIOS and OS level to work with the module.

Unfortunately, I cannot help you with this process because you are using a laptop. Laptop systems are not the same as desktop computers, they usually have special features at BIOS and OS level that we are not aware of, so when configuring laptops, we highly recommend to contact the OEM, in this case ASUS*, to get better assistance.

Besides, I cannot confirm if your laptop is indeed compatible with the module. Only the manufacturer can confirm this to you. I have searched though, about the compatibility of your laptop model but I couldn’t find any reference about it, so I’m thinking your laptop is not compatible with the module. However, please contact ASUS* directly to get this confirmation and also to get help configuring your laptop.

I hope you find this information useful.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi GTrej,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand you are trying to set up the Intel® Optane™ Memory in your laptop, however you are getting some issues with the Intel® Optane™ Application.

I must say first that you have to confirm before trying to setup the module if your laptop is indeed compatible with the Intel® Optane™ Memory. Once you have confirmed it, then you should configure it properly at BIOS and OS level to work with the module.

Unfortunately, I cannot help you with this process because you are using a laptop. Laptop systems are not the same as desktop computers, they usually have special features at BIOS and OS level that we are not aware of, so when configuring laptops, we highly recommend to contact the OEM, in this case ASUS*, to get better assistance.

Besides, I cannot confirm if your laptop is indeed compatible with the module. Only the manufacturer can confirm this to you. I have searched though, about the compatibility of your laptop model but I couldn’t find any reference about it, so I’m thinking your laptop is not compatible with the module. However, please contact ASUS* directly to get this confirmation and also to get help configuring your laptop.

I hope you find this information useful.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi GTrej,

I would like to know if, after considering the information above, there is anything else I can help you with.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
GTrej
Beginner

Hi, thanks for your help it was very useful.

DiegoV_Intel

Hi GTrej,

No problem!

If you ever have another concern regarding to the Intel® Optane™ Memory, please don't hesitate to open a new thread. We'll try to help you in any way we can.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos