Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

High CPU usage after installing Optane

张随便
Beginner

windows10 21H1 19043.1081

CPU: i7-8750H

Chipset: HM370

Optane: M10 16G

Driver: Intel® Rapid Storage Technology 18.1.6.1039

The CPU usage of the process system (acpi.sys) is kept at 15%-20%, after installing Optane,This situation has never happened before.

RAID not AHCI

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, 张随便.

Thank you for posting on the Intel® Community Support forum.

I received your thread regarding Intel® Optane™ Memory causing a spike in CPU usage, I will be glad to assist you.

I was looking for information regarding the relation between Optane Memory acceleration and the process you mentioned, but I could not find details of them being related or involved in possible Optane issues.

Please let me know the following:

1. Do you notice any type of change in that process if you disable Optane Memory acceleration right now? Does it stay the same or goes back to normal?

2. Is this the first time you install the Optane Memory in this system or was it working before?

- If it worked before, for how long?

3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of the "About" section in the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management window?

4. Please provide us with a full system report using the Intel System Support Utility (SSU):

- Download: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293

• Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information.
  • The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. 
  • Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.
  • To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

I will follow up on July 9th, but you can let me know if additional time is required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, 张随便.

I wanted to follow up on your community thread to check if you had any questions regarding my previous message.

The thread will be closed on July 14th, but you can let me know if further assistance is still required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, 张随便.

This post is to follow up on your community thread to check if you still require assistance.

I previously tried to gather additional information before providing other recommendations, like system details, current driver version, or Optane status, but there was no response after trying to follow up.

The thread will be closed right now, but please feel free to open a new one if assistance is still required, or contact us via any of the other support methods, just remember to select your location:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Thank you for posting on Intel Community Support forums.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos