Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

How to know which mode to choose while enabling optane memory

Dipayan_Mandal
Beginner

I have been using Intel Optane memory for a few months. But. I didn't feel any difference with it or without it. I mean, it's not that useful. I think so. And recently I've disabled it and again turned it on. Then I faced these new options in the below screenshot. 

Dipayan_Mandal_0-1656153204111.png

If I choose option 2, then how can I manually pin my files?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

I understand that you are accelerating your DATA drive (rather than the SYSTEM drive) and your are using for this 32GB M Series Optane Module. If my assumption is correct that the answer to your question is yes, but only files/folder on the drive boeing accelerated may be pinned. For more information please refer to page 23 in the Intel Optane Memory M Series Guide and to Pinning a File, Folder, or Application for System Acceleration with Intel® Optane™ Memory Intel publication. 

Leon

View solution in original post

1 Reply
LeonWaksman
Super User

I understand that you are accelerating your DATA drive (rather than the SYSTEM drive) and your are using for this 32GB M Series Optane Module. If my assumption is correct that the answer to your question is yes, but only files/folder on the drive boeing accelerated may be pinned. For more information please refer to page 23 in the Intel Optane Memory M Series Guide and to Pinning a File, Folder, or Application for System Acceleration with Intel® Optane™ Memory Intel publication. 

Leon