Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Hp pavillion gaming 2018 wont detect intel optane 16gb after reinstalling windows

AKehi
Beginner

Good day everyone, So I bought an hp pavilion gaming with Intel optane 16gb. It works pretty fine for a month then it showed blue screen and wont boot up. I took it back to where I bought it and they help me re install windows but intel optane isnt detected anywhere even under the bios.. please help.. my PC boot is not as fast as when the intel optane was installed..​

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi AKehi,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand you are not able to use the module after the OS has been re-installed in your laptop.

Considering the fact that you are using a laptop, and that the module was enabled from factory, the best recommendation I can give you is to contact the laptop manufacturer (HP*) directly to get better assistance on configuring the module again in the laptop.

Laptop systems are not the same as Desktop computers, they usually include special features at BIOS and OS level that we are not aware of, so we always recommend to contact the manufacturer directly before doing any system changes.

Having said this, and according to your description, the issue seems to be that the module still contains the data from the previous set up, so it still “thinks” that it’s paired with the HDD, but the HDD was formatted with a new OS installation. 

This is usually fixed by resetting the module from BIOS so all data is deleted in the module and therefore, it can be set up again. My recommendation is to contact HP* to get assistance on how to recover the module from its current point, especially if you are not able to see the module in BIOS.

I know that HP* has some documentation about issues with the module in their systems so I also recommend you to check them: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05591811

One of their articles that explains how to reset the module in BIOS is available here: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05619836. This one may help you to recover the module, but if you are not able to so, please contact them directly.

I hope you find this information useful.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi AKehi,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand you are not able to use the module after the OS has been re-installed in your laptop.

Considering the fact that you are using a laptop, and that the module was enabled from factory, the best recommendation I can give you is to contact the laptop manufacturer (HP*) directly to get better assistance on configuring the module again in the laptop.

Laptop systems are not the same as Desktop computers, they usually include special features at BIOS and OS level that we are not aware of, so we always recommend to contact the manufacturer directly before doing any system changes.

Having said this, and according to your description, the issue seems to be that the module still contains the data from the previous set up, so it still “thinks” that it’s paired with the HDD, but the HDD was formatted with a new OS installation. 

This is usually fixed by resetting the module from BIOS so all data is deleted in the module and therefore, it can be set up again. My recommendation is to contact HP* to get assistance on how to recover the module from its current point, especially if you are not able to see the module in BIOS.

I know that HP* has some documentation about issues with the module in their systems so I also recommend you to check them: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05591811

One of their articles that explains how to reset the module in BIOS is available here: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05619836. This one may help you to recover the module, but if you are not able to so, please contact them directly.

I hope you find this information useful.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi AKehi,

Just wondering if you have any update.

Regards,

Diego V.