Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

I dont have the intel optane memory chip,but i got Intel Rapid Storage technology Driver with Laptop. But When I run application says "No Compactible Disks Found" Then,Whats the use of IRST driver?

NSame
Beginner

My laptop was running i7 8th gen processor with 1Tb SATA-HDD

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi NSame,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

If you don’t have the Intel® Optane™ Memory, then it’s expected to get the message you are mentioning. The Intel® RST application is used to enable and manage the module. If you don’t have the module, then the application will tell you that there are no compatible disks.

Probably your laptop model is compatible with the module and the manufacturer included the application in the setup in case the end user wants to add the module in the future.

I hope this information clarifies your concern.

If there is anything else I can help you with, feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi NSame,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

If you don’t have the Intel® Optane™ Memory, then it’s expected to get the message you are mentioning. The Intel® RST application is used to enable and manage the module. If you don’t have the module, then the application will tell you that there are no compatible disks.

Probably your laptop model is compatible with the module and the manufacturer included the application in the setup in case the end user wants to add the module in the future.

I hope this information clarifies your concern.

If there is anything else I can help you with, feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel
Hi NSame, I was wondering if there is anything else I can help you with. Regards, Diego V. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos