Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

I have a Intel Optane Memory H10 with solid-state storage that failed in a Dell Inspiron. They indicate it is the memory. Can I put this into an external enclosure to access the SSD data and wipe the drive afterwards?

MBosy
Beginner

I purchased StarTech.com M.2 SSD Aluminum Enclosure to USB 3.0 (5Gbps) with UASP - M.2 NGFF SATA with B Key & B+M Key - External M.2 Portable Enclosure (SM2NGFFMBU33)

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

First thing I noticed is that you purchased the wrong adapter. You need one that is designed to support a M.2 NVMe SSD, not a M.2 SATA SSD. Secondly, I am unsure that these H10 modules are designed to be useable in a M.2 USB SSD adapter regardless.

...S

0 Kudos
MBosy
Beginner

Thanks Scott. Dell recommended the startech enclosure. I realize that was wrong. Amazon has several NVMe enclosures. TDBT M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure with Heat Sink, USB-C to NVMe M.2 SSD Enclosure with Thermal Cooling Pad, PS4 Pro Slim Xbox One X External Storage Enclosure, JMS583 Chip 10Gbps,Fits M-Key B+M Key NVMe SSD

Now the question is whether it will see the SSD portion of the H10. Has anyone tried this?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I have not tried this, so I do not know if it will work. If I was to hazard a guess, it would be no - but I have been wrong before (and before that, and before that, and...).

...S

0 Kudos