Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

I installed intel optane and I then restarted my laptop: it recognises my profile but won't allow me to log in-it is insisting that my password is incorrect and is refusing to connect to my WiFi (a remembered connection).

BlackCobra
Beginner

I basically can't get in to my computer and now think my system won't run optane (even though the specs seemed to fit:I have an msi gl63 8rc i5 8300h processor). Can anyone help?!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

So, now I'm confused. You wrote "I installed intel optane ...",means that you have installed Optane software only? FYI, in order to accelerate your HDD, you have to buy and install Optane Memory Module and follow the Installation Guide to enable the acceleration.

Leon

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Did you set password to your HDD?
  2. The login failed after enabling Optane is Optane application?

Leon

0 Kudos
BlackCobra
Beginner

It was my mistake

It was asking for password not pin, i was entering pin.

Now my computer is open and it is showing that no drive is supported optane.

Well i am disappointed that i couldn't find any method to check whether my computer supported optane or not.

I uninstalled optane application.

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

So, now I'm confused. You wrote "I installed intel optane ...",means that you have installed Optane software only? FYI, in order to accelerate your HDD, you have to buy and install Optane Memory Module and follow the Installation Guide to enable the acceleration.

Leon

BlackCobra
Beginner

Yeah, i just install optane app because i read that it accelerate hdd performance and is supported in 7th generation and later processor that's why I installed app

Well, everything is fine now

Thanks for the response.

0 Kudos