Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

INTEL OPTANE COMPACTABILITY

ms13
Beginner

Does my laptop Lenovo ideapad 320S-14IKB (Type 81BN) supports Intel optane memory module? It is having M.2 M key type ssd port.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi fstream,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand that you would like to know if the Intel® Optane™ Memory works with your laptop.

I'd like to let you know that for specific laptop models compatibilities with the Intel® Optane™ Memory, it is recommendable to contact the manufacturer and confirm with them the support of the module. Even though you have an M.2 slot available, it doesn't mean the Intel® Optane™ Memory will work. There are other details like the processor, the motherboard's chipset or BIOS version that will be required for the module to work properly. This information is sometimes available when dealing with Desktop computers, but when dealing with laptops, this information is usually not available. That's why we recommend to contact the manufacturer.

However, after doing some research about this laptop model, I found a thread in the Lenovo* site where another user tried to install the Intel® Optane™ Memory with no success. Apparently he got an unsupported BIOS error which means the BIOS doesn't support the module. Based on that information, I'd say that your laptop is not compatible with the Intel® Optane™ Memory. You can check in the following link what this user posted in the Lenovo* site: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-1xx-3xx-5xx-7xx/Ideapad-320S-14lkb-80x4-installation-of-Intel-Optane-16GB/td-p/3794653

I hope you find this information useful. If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi fstream,

I was wondering if there is anything else I can help you with regarding to the Intel® Optane™ Memory, or if the information I posted above answered your concern.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos