Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Installed intel optane in error - Now have black screen for 60 sec on boot and hard drive unavailable

BMore2
Beginner

I have no optane drive and don't intend on using optane. Mindlessly installing every driver on MSI web site for the system board and I must have installed intel optane memory driver. Now it takes ages to boot my pc with up to a minute black screen delay when it starts (bear in mind I have an ssd and booting took like 15secs before). Also, my 2nd hard drive is innaccessible now. I tried uninstalling the driver but the problem persists.

How can I fix this?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi brunosuzano,

Thanks for contacting our support community. We understand your situation regarding the boot time of your drive.

We recommend you try to perform a https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows clean boot of the system an check if the situation remains. If so, we recommend you to back up your data and reinstall Windows* or contact the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/topics/oems.html motherboard manufacturer since your system is not accelerated by Intel® Optane™ Memory and the Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series is not present in the system either.

NOTE: Any links provided for third party tools or sites are offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® of the content, products, or services offered there. We do not offer support for any third party tool mentioned here.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
BMore2
Beginner

I've performed a clean boot and the problem persists.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi brunosuzano,

Thanks for the reply.

Sine the clean boot did not resolve the situation, we recommend you to perform a clean installation of Windows(R) 10.

Please let us know if the situation remains.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
BMore2
Beginner

I performed a clean installation again, boot speed seems to be fine, but the pc is still having problems identifying drives, and now I'm getting blue screen on boot saying "boot device unavailable"

0 Kudos
BMore2
Beginner

I have done that already, and the problem persists.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi brunosuzano,

Thanks for the reply.

We recommend you to reset your BIOS to factory setting because the Optane(TM) software may have changed the BIOS configuration in order to be ready for the module.

After that, if the situation persists we recommend you to reinstall Windows*.

Please let us know the outcome of your situation.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi brunosuzano,

We would like to know if you read our previous post. If you have any other questions, we'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
BMore2
Beginner

I formatted my main drive and reinstalled windows several times unsuccessfully, but eventually it worked and the problem seems to be gone.

I did update mobo firmware as well and changed BIOS settings (probably reset them to factory at one point), but I can't really tell if that was one of the contributing factors to successfully uninstalling Intel Optane Drivers.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi brunosuzano,

Thanks for the reply.

We are glad to hear that your situation has been resolved.

Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos