Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Intel Optane Memory "No Compatible Disk"

XChen33
Beginner

Recently my old HD's OS crashed, it was not booting. so I have to replaced a new hard drive with the new OS. Now, I'm getting the No compatible disks for Intel Optane Memory error.

Can anyone help?

I also have the System log attached below

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi XiaofengChen,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

From the SSU report attached, your system looks fine, and the Intel® Optane™ Memory seems to be recognized correctly too.

According to your description, I understand that you had your module paired with the old HDD that crashed, so you had to replace it with a new one. If this is the case, then the Intel® Optane™ Memory was never disabled from the application to de-concatenate it from the old HDD, so it might still have data from the previous OS which is preventing you from enabling it with your new HDD.

Having said this, it would be needed to clean the module's data in order to delete any existing data from the first setup. The process to do so is described below, however please try the following first just to see what the result is.

Please uninstall the Intel® Optane™ application, and install instead the Intel® RST application. Both tools are used to setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory, but it may be possible that your current error message doesn't appear with this other application.

Each application can be downloaded from the following sites:

If you are still getting the same message after doing this, please try cleaning the module's data following these steps:

1. Open the command prompt as administrator
  2. Run the command diskpart.
  3. Run the command list disk. This command will list all drives in your system including the Intel® Optane™ Memory. Please take note of the index number associated to the module.
  4. Run the command select disk using the index number from the previous step. This will select the Intel® Optane™ Memory.
  5. Run the command clean all. This command will start the cleaning process. Make sure you have selected the module, and no other drive by mistake because this process will delete all data in the disk.

After the process ends, please try again to setup the module.

If you have the same message, please take a screenshot of the application and attach it in your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation
XChen33
Beginner

I was not able to located the Intel® Optane™ Memory disk in command prompt and in the Disk Management. In Intel RST application, I was not able to clean the data in the Intel® Optane™ Memory disk. What can I do?

I also attached PNG for the RST application, error and the Disk Mangement.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi XiaofengChen,

Thank you for the information.

If I understood you well, you are getting the error code 0xA0060024 after clicking on the "Clear metadata" button in the Intel RST application, right?

Apparently, your system is recognizing the drive as a 4MB disk and not as a 13GB disk. Honestly, I haven't seen this issue before.

Please try the following suggestions and let me know if they changed something with the drive:

1. Try to reset the module from BIOS. This will depend on your BIOS, but you should look for an option named as "Reset-to-non-Optane" or similar. This option is usually located in the Peripherals section under the Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology option. Please try to find this option and see if you can reset the module from BIOS.
  2. The second suggestion is to perform a low level format in your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If it's being recognized as a 4MB disk, there should be data corruption in the module which is creating the issue. Chances are that if you delete the data by low-level-formatting it, the issue may be fixed. The following article suggests some third party tools to perform a low level format: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006198/memory-and-storage.html?_ga=2.92137363.860344241.1542739325-1716436649.1536075640
Please try this and let me know the results.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
XChen33
Beginner

I think the problem is fixed, but I am not sure I should uninstall RST application and install the Intel Optane Memory applcation. Does it matter which application I use?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi XiaofengChen,

Thank you for confirming the issue is fixed.

You can keep using the Intel® RST application. Both, the Intel® RST and the Intel® Optane™ application work in the same way with the module. The only difference is that the Intel® RST application includes additional features for RAID arrays but they don't affect the Intel® Optane™ Memory functionality, and the Intel® Optane™ application on the other hand, only includes the features regarding to the module.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos