Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Intel Optane Memory

Ciuffo3
Beginner

Hi, I just bought a 512gb ssd m.2 PCie for my pc, but in the slot of the m.2 there was an intel optane memory of 16 gb. I removed the intel optane memory and put the 512gb ssd, but when I started my pc it said "No operating system found". Why does it say this? my operating system is on the hdd at the moment. How do I solve this for put the m.2 ssd of 512gb? thx

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Ciuffo3 

1. So, I've wrote you in my post. If you have set Windows BOOT to SAFE mode, you can change the SATA mote to AHCI. Disregard this Warning and click on Yes to continue boot to Windows.

2. I don't know what is the problem with your mouse. I don't use the Logitech G Hub and my Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard are working communicating trough Logitech Unified Wireless USB adapter. You may look for old installation in the Device Manager. Check in: Human Interface Devices,   Keyboards, Mice and other pointing devices.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

1. Reinstall the Optane Memory.

2. Try to boot your computer again. If you before installing the new SSD, only uninstalled the Optane, it should boot again.

3. Run Optane application, installed on your computer and Disable the Optane Acceleration. After rebooting your computer and confirming in Optane Application that the OPtane is disabled, you may remove the Optane Module and install the new SSD. Your computer will boot from the not accelerated HDD.

4. Next, set your computer to SAFE Boot mode. While your computer is booting in SAFE mode, enter BIOS setting and change the SATA mode from " Intel RST ...." to AHCI.  Save the setting and exit to Windows. Now, you can again restore the Normal Boot mode.

5. Finally you are ready to clone your HDD to SSD.

Leon

0 Kudos
Ciuffo3
Beginner

Hi, thanks for your reply. I followed all till step 4 and now my ssd works. But when I follow step 4 it says from the bios that I may lose my stuff if I swotch from intel RST to AHCI, should I do it anyways? And now the pc says that there are some errors and that I have to reboot pc, but after that I have to reboot it again. I can only open Windows stuff, my software don't recognize keyboard and mouse and if I open something, it closes automatically without saying anything. What do I do for solve this? Thanks again

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Ciuffo3 

1. If you are sure that Windows is set to SAFE boot mode (are you)? You may disregard the Warning about the SATA mode change and continue to boot into Windows in SAFE mode. Once you are in Windows (and the SATA mode is set AHCI), again change the boot mode to Normal.

2. I always to protect my self keep backup of my drive before performing drastic changes. 

3. I've performed SATA mode change a number of times (in SAFE mode) and never got problems. 

4. When you say "I can only open Windows stuff, my software don't recognize keyboard and mouse and if I open something, it closes automatically without saying anything. " is your Windows in SAFE mode? If the answer is yes, this could be the reason that some application are not working.

Leon

0 Kudos
Ciuffo3
Beginner
Hi, I'm sure that I'm in safe mode, but still says the same (sent picture below). Fort The rest I was on normal mode and all of the programms started working again after a reboot, but my logitech g hub is not finding my mouse, so I tried to uninstall it and download it again, but it says I can't download it anymore, because there is already another one, but ai can find it by searching in my pc. Thanks for attention
0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Ciuffo3 

1. So, I've wrote you in my post. If you have set Windows BOOT to SAFE mode, you can change the SATA mote to AHCI. Disregard this Warning and click on Yes to continue boot to Windows.

2. I don't know what is the problem with your mouse. I don't use the Logitech G Hub and my Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard are working communicating trough Logitech Unified Wireless USB adapter. You may look for old installation in the Device Manager. Check in: Human Interface Devices,   Keyboards, Mice and other pointing devices.

Leon

0 Kudos
Ciuffo3
Beginner
Hi, thanks for all your help, my pc is now working with m.2 ssd installed. Thanks again
0 Kudos