Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Intel Optane for HP Probook 430 G5 Core i7 8th Gen

ANugr1
Beginner

Hello mastaaa,

Please help me to install Intel Optane on my notebook.

When I install intel optane, it always comes out of "bios not compatible"

here I attach the SSU scan results.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi adhika.nugroho,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

I understand that you would like to install the Intel® Optane™ Memory in a notebook, but you are getting a BIOS not compatible message.

That message is typically because your BIOS is not Optane Ready or there is something wrong configured at BIOS level.

After checking the following site, I can see that your notebook should support the module. Actually, the module should come already enabled and working: https://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/hp-probook-430-g5-notebook-pc-customizable-1lr32av-mb

Having said this, I highly recommend you to contact HP* for assistance in order to know how to setup the module in this particular system. Configuring the Intel® Optane™ Memory in a laptop/notebook is not the same as in a Desktop computer. Laptops usually come with special settings and features included by the manufacturer that we are not aware of, so before performing system changes is better to contact the manufacturer for assistance.

From the HP* site, I was able to find some instructions to setup the module so I recommend you to check them and see if you are able to configure the BIOS and set the module up. If you are not able to setup the module with the HP* instructions, it's recommendable to contact them directly about this as they are the ones that can help you with the BIOS configuration and the module setup in their laptop models: https://support.hp.com/hk-en/document/c05591811

I hope you find this information useful. If there is something else I can help you with, feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
idata
Employee

Hi adhika.nugroho,

I'm just wondering if you contacted HP* for assistance on this, and if you were able to setup the module.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos