Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Intel Optane not detected as a Optane module after disabling Optane

Alaric
Beginner

I had optane set up previously but disabled it to change hard drives. I would like to re-enable it but now the module is not detected as a Optane module. How can I get it to detect? I have gone through the stepps here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025194/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html to no avail. I have included screen grabs of my BIOS settings and the Intel rapid storage technology program.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Alaric,

Thank you for the information.

I can see that your system is working in UEFI mode and all drives are using GPT partition style which is fine, however you are missing a reserved space of at least 5MB at the end of the primary drive just as it’s shown in the picture below:

Partitions.JPG

However, there is another important detail. Your primary drive is an NVMe* drive which is not supported by the Intel® Optane™ Memory, and your secondary drive is actually a RAID array which is not supported by the Intel® Optane™ Memory either. Having said this, the module won’t be able to accelerate the primary drive nor the RAID array. You would have to disable the RAID array and use the drives separately because the Intel® Optane™ Memory can only accelerate a single SATA drive.

I hope you find this information useful.

If you have additional doubts, please feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Alaric,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

In order to better understand what the status of your module and your system is, please provide us with the following information.

Please download the Intel® System Support Utility (SSU) from the following site and run the full report. This report will include all details of your system. Please export the data in a text file and share it in your response: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-

Additionally, please open Disk Management and take a screenshot of the window to check your drives’ partitions. To open Disk Management press the Windows* key + x, and then select the Disk Management option from the menu that will appear.

Finally, please run the following commands in the Command Prompt to take another screenshot:

1. Open the Command Prompt as Administrator.
  2. Run the command diskpart.
  3. Run the command list disk. Please take a screenshot of this output.

I will be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
Alaric
Beginner

I have added these to my post. I can only seem to add one file to a response

0 Kudos
Alaric
Beginner
0 Kudos
Alaric
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Alaric,

Thank you for the information.

I can see that your system is working in UEFI mode and all drives are using GPT partition style which is fine, however you are missing a reserved space of at least 5MB at the end of the primary drive just as it’s shown in the picture below:

Partitions.JPG

However, there is another important detail. Your primary drive is an NVMe* drive which is not supported by the Intel® Optane™ Memory, and your secondary drive is actually a RAID array which is not supported by the Intel® Optane™ Memory either. Having said this, the module won’t be able to accelerate the primary drive nor the RAID array. You would have to disable the RAID array and use the drives separately because the Intel® Optane™ Memory can only accelerate a single SATA drive.

I hope you find this information useful.

If you have additional doubts, please feel free to ask.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Alaric,

I would like to know if you have any updates.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Alaric,

If you have any updates, feel free to share them here.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos