Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Intel Vroc with Intel Optane 900p

JLustig
Beginner

asus.jpg

intel vroc 3.jpgVROC.jpg

I found the 900P in the Vroc supported vendor list. I did not understand why its not work.

Other question, if i install IRST what Gbps i can use with it. I like to Use 128 Gbps. Do i have to install IRST with Vroc or simple IRST?

With intel Optane i have becom instabel system. Only the faast boot up and the fast programm load work, but not the programm integrity and hyper speed.

IMG_20210511_183443.jpgIMG_20210511_183416.jpg

Than i see that with a installed vroc key intel the vroc key not found in my system specs?

me1.jpgme2.jpg

Reputation: I have a vroc key, i have a vroc ready supported intel optane 900p.

I have not 128GBps on Intel optane 900p. I dont know i have to use RST RSTe or RST for Vroc. 

I dont know why The Vroc is not read in the intel support assistent. I dont know i become 128 gbps with RST without vroc.

I have no idea what i have doing wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JosafathB_Intel

Hello, JLustig.

Greetings from; Intel® Memory and Storage support.

As we understand, you needed assistance with your Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) in your X299 system using the Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series. If we inferred correctly and based in your previous post:

https://community.intel.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/processors/message-id/51271#M51271

We advise you to review the following information and recommendations:

1- Intel® VROC is targeted as an enterprise product, mainly for Servers and Workstations. Also, per the details found in the article “Intel® VROC Support on X299 FAQ”, Intel® VROC was enabled on X299 client platforms (see below). This initial decision was made at the time of launch in 2017. Since then, it has become apparent that Intel® RST (and not Intel® VROC) is the better product to support SSD RAID on X299 platforms, partly because of Intel® RST availability, broad SSD support, and no need for an extra HW key. Intel® RST is free and it supports Intel® as well as NON-Intel® storage devices.

Intel® VROC will continue to have its HW Key licensing policies, which are more in line with enterprise product expectations. From the above explanation, we hope it’s clear that for X299 / client platforms, our customers do NOT require purchasing Intel® VROC key for RAID 0 (even with NON-Intel® drives). Please use Intel® RST instead of Intel® VROC for RAID 0 and other things.

For more detail, please review the following document:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/ssd-software/VROC_Support_on_X299_FAQ.pdf

2- The Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series is listed as part of the supported and recommended hardware to use with VROC. Based in the Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) Supported Configurations article:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030310/memory-and-storage/ssd-software.html

3-Based on your current configuration and hardware, the best option is to use the Intel® RST (and not Intel® VROC) to set up your RAID solution.

We strongly advise you to contact your OEM to check the BIOS settings and requirements for your expansion card to get the best performance of your current hardware with the Intel® RST solution. If you need assistance related to the Intel® RST, please do not hesitate to contact us back by opening a new thread on the following community https://community.intel.com/t5/Rapid-Storage-Technology/bd-p/rapid-storage-technology by submitting a new question.

We hope fellow community members have the knowledge to jump in and help.

We will no longer monitor this thread. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos