Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Intel optane don't work normally

Rasele
Beginner

Hello i installed my intel optane in my motherboard and lunch my pc for the first time but when i go in the "Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management" there ic many problems (look different screenshot) (im french) but the messages are "processor not supported" and "there is no valid disk pair in your system"
all of my composent are good and work

On the screenshots you can see my bios , disk partition and hardware  list (i have a i7 9700k so it is compatible)

so someone can help me pls
Thx ! 

Rasele

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Rasele 

1. I can see two drives (in addition to Optane module): C: 500 GB SATA SSD System Disk and 1 TB Data SATA HDD. You didn't mentioned which drive are you going to accelerate C: or D:? Probably it is the D drive.

2. Is your drive partitioned with GPT type partition? If not it should be. In addition you should leave  5- 15MB of unallocated space in the end of the drive boeing accelerated. 

3. You need also install the latest Intel RST driver:  

4. Download Intel RST Driver and unzip it on your drive. Right click on iaStorAC.inf and select install from drop down menu. Reboot your computer.

5. Download from Microsoft Store and install the Intel Optane Memory and Management.

6. On the image showing the Disk Management, I can see that the Optane Module has partition and format. It should be clean and unallocated:

7. Right click on Windows key and press on Windows PowerShell (Admin).

8. From the command prompt, type diskpart and press Enter. The diskpart prompt will open.

9. From the diskpart prompt, type list disk and press Enter. A list of disks will appear in a text format. You will return to the diskpart prompt.

10. From the diskpart prompt you will need to select a disk disk number (for instance, if the Optane Memory 32GB  is Disk 2, you would type select disk 2) and press EnterDiskpart Erase/Clean will permanently erase/destroy all data on the selected drive. Please be certain that you are erasing the correct disk. 

11. From the diskpart prompt, type clean and press Enter. The Optane Memory is now erased and the old enablement is not active any more.

12. Close out of the Command Prompt.

13. Now enable Optane Acceleration. Follow Intel Optane Memory Installation Guide, Section 3.

Leon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hi @Rasele 

1. I can see two drives (in addition to Optane module): C: 500 GB SATA SSD System Disk and 1 TB Data SATA HDD. You didn't mentioned which drive are you going to accelerate C: or D:? Probably it is the D drive.

2. Is your drive partitioned with GPT type partition? If not it should be. In addition you should leave  5- 15MB of unallocated space in the end of the drive boeing accelerated. 

3. You need also install the latest Intel RST driver:  

4. Download Intel RST Driver and unzip it on your drive. Right click on iaStorAC.inf and select install from drop down menu. Reboot your computer.

5. Download from Microsoft Store and install the Intel Optane Memory and Management.

6. On the image showing the Disk Management, I can see that the Optane Module has partition and format. It should be clean and unallocated:

7. Right click on Windows key and press on Windows PowerShell (Admin).

8. From the command prompt, type diskpart and press Enter. The diskpart prompt will open.

9. From the diskpart prompt, type list disk and press Enter. A list of disks will appear in a text format. You will return to the diskpart prompt.

10. From the diskpart prompt you will need to select a disk disk number (for instance, if the Optane Memory 32GB  is Disk 2, you would type select disk 2) and press EnterDiskpart Erase/Clean will permanently erase/destroy all data on the selected drive. Please be certain that you are erasing the correct disk. 

11. From the diskpart prompt, type clean and press Enter. The Optane Memory is now erased and the old enablement is not active any more.

12. Close out of the Command Prompt.

13. Now enable Optane Acceleration. Follow Intel Optane Memory Installation Guide, Section 3.

Leon

0 Kudos
Rasele
Beginner

thx for the post , you brought me the exact solution

Bye

0 Kudos