Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1346 Discussions

Intel optane memory and storage

Gregg1
Beginner
yesterday i installed windows 10, but intel optane memory and storage notifications no longer come out
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Gregg1.

Yes, installing the driver is a normal procedure, but this mostly depends on the RST BIOS configuration of your system.

If the 11th gen system is configured to work with RST or the drives are VMD controlled, you will be required to install the driver, as seen in the article below:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058724/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

If you have other questions related to the driver itself, I would recommend creating a new thread in the Intel RST community section to get assistance from the dedicated team, as this current forum is for Optane-related inquiries, or reaching out to the system manufacturer if you have any doubts on how to properly configure your system.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else, and I will follow up on June 21st.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Gregg1.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forum.

I received your case regarding the Intel Optane Memory and Storage management messages, and I will be assisting you with this.

Based on the description, I'm not entirely sure what the current problem is, what type of message were you expecting? or what are you trying to accomplish?

Any other details will be greatly appreciated.

Please also provide us with a full system report using Intel SSU:

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?

2. Open the application and click Scan to see system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

I will follow up on June 14th in case additional time is required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
Hallou90
Beginner
the problem occurs in windows 11, I made a clean installation of windows 11 and if I go to the settings notifications from other broadcasters intel optane memory and storage does not come out
0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, @Hallou90.

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forum.

Please open a new thread so we can work with you on a separate ticket and provide as much information as possible, and similar to this thread, I'm not entirely sure what the current problem is, what type of message were you expecting? or what are you trying to accomplish?

Any other details will be greatly appreciated.

Please also provide a full system report using Intel SSU:

1. Download the Intel® System Support Utility and save the application to your system.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18377/25293/intel-system-support-utility-for-windows.html?

2. Open the application and click Scan to see the system and device information. The Intel® System Support Utility defaults to the Summary View on the output screen following the scan. Click the menu where it says summary to change to Detailed View.

3. To save your scan, click Next and click Save. You can save the file to any accessible location on your computer.

And @Gregg1, I will follow up on June 17th in case additional time is required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
Gregg1
Beginner

ok I did the scan of the ssd nvme it saved in documents in the pc folder now what should I do

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello.

When you are going to post a new reply, you have the option to attach/upload a file, please share the file with us via this method.

Drag and drop here or browse files to attach

Maximum size: 71 MB • Maximum attachments allowed: 10

You also have the option to contact us via phone or chat support to request remote session, this way we can take a look at your system in case this makes things easier for you:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-intel.html

Please also let me know if you happen to be using multiple accounts so one can close one of the other tickets as duplicate. It was brought to my attention that you may also be the owner of the other thread since both accounts use an almost identical e-mail (Gregg1 and Hallou90).

I will follow up on June 17th just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
Gregg1
Beginner

then I wrote to you with hallou90, so you can remove the other

0 Kudos
Gregg1
Beginner

here is the file

0 Kudos
Gregg1
Beginner

however I wanted to clarify that the notification that came out was a fake notification or smart event exit so I had solved it by removing it, however, I returned to windows 10 with a clean installation and the notification does not come out

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Gregg1.

Thank you for the details and for confirming we can close the other thread.

Regarding the issue, your system only shows one Samsung NVMe drive, and there is no Optane Memory installed, so it is possible that the system had the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) driver along with the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management application installed by default, and showed incorrect error messages related to the fact that there was no Optane installed, similar to what is described in this article.

Since you reinstalled the operating system, that got rid of that configuration, and that is why the alert and application no longer show up, meaning that your system is completely fine.

If you want to monitor your SSD, you can use the tools provided by the manufacturer, for example:

Please let me know if I can try to help you with anything else, and I will follow up on June 20th just in case.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
Gregg1
Beginner

however I don't know how intel optane memory came out the notification that said one of the disks is smart event maybe I had to wait so I found myself in the pc settings the intel optane notification and then today I did an intel optane update in the microsoft store in the end through a clean installation of windows 10 made this morning today I got the notification I'm happy because when I bought the pc it came out and I'm happy thanks the same

0 Kudos
Gregg1
Beginner

it is as the link at the end reports when I installed windows on the pc windows did not show me the disk to install windows so I went to the manufacturer and I extracted in the usb key where there was the windows installation file, once I am went again in the windows installation I did load driver the first intel rst vmd controller 9a0b and the second was also I chose the first pk when I had installed windows I saw the second which is intel rst vmd managed controller 9a0b already installed then the first choice was correct

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Gregg1.

Generally, there is no need for you to use Intel RST if you are not going to use any type of RAID configuration or work with Optane Memory, but you can do it, there is no problem with that, and it is always recommended to reach out to the platform manufacturer for assistance .

I'm glad to see that everything is working fine, so please let me know if I can help you with anything else, or if you have any other questions, but if this is not the case, I will proceed to close the thread on June 20th.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
Gregg1
Beginner

thank you that you answered, I wanted to know but you can disable that during a windows installation I have to load the driver to get the nvme ssd out where I install windows. Seeing on the intel site rightly it is normal that you have to load the driver

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Gregg1.

Yes, installing the driver is a normal procedure, but this mostly depends on the RST BIOS configuration of your system.

If the 11th gen system is configured to work with RST or the drives are VMD controlled, you will be required to install the driver, as seen in the article below:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000058724/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

If you have other questions related to the driver itself, I would recommend creating a new thread in the Intel RST community section to get assistance from the dedicated team, as this current forum is for Optane-related inquiries, or reaching out to the system manufacturer if you have any doubts on how to properly configure your system.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else, and I will follow up on June 21st.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Gregg1.

Thank you for making the thread resolved.

I will proceed to close it right now, and it will no longer be monitored by Intel support, but if you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, please open a new thread, or contact us back using any of the available support methods.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos