Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Intel optane memory says no valid disk pairs in your system.

LCasi2
Beginner

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read what follows, forgive me if i forget some details or information,

I have a dell g5 15 5590 which I am really happy with except the fact that he was not overheating but kinda hot when asleep. After month of trying to figure it out I decided to reset the pc to factory since it only appeared randomly ( an update i'm guessing ). Now it's all good and back to normal, but I just discovered that before reseting the pc I had to disable the intel otpane memory acceleration ( which i didn't, since windows didn't ask me or warned me about ).

I guess if i can't make it work it's not a big loss, it's just that I am a completionist and i really like when i have no error message whatsoever.

I reseted the metadata with Rstclipro.exe but it still doesn't work. The intel optane says no valid disk pairs in your system and if i use IRST i get the greyed out enable option.

Hope I was clear, and yes I know it's my fault :) oh well at least i learned for the next time.

Have a good day

0 Kudos
16 Replies
BrusC_Intel

Hello, LCasi2.

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Intel Community Support.

I checked your ticket regarding the Intel® Optane™ Memory not being recognized, I will be glad to assist you.

The Intel Optane Memory should be recognized as a regular SSD when acceleration is not enabled, did you also check the Disk Management window by any chance?

If the Optane does not show up, it may still contain old metadata, can you check in the Optane Memory and Storage Management window if the Optane Memory shows up in the "Manage" section? if the Optane Memory is there, click on it and check if you get the option to "clear metadata", it will show up as a hyperlink.

If you can get to the UEFI/BIOS of your system, check if the Optane Memory is recognized there, if it is, sometimes you can access the Intel RST Menu or the Optane Memory menu in BIOS and erase it or reset it (the names and locations of these menus will vary depending on the system, so this is not for sure).

You may also have the option to check with the system manufacturer about enabling Optane again, you may need to follow additional step or use a different tool to enable it, for example, installing the latest Intel RST driver from the manufacturer's website (instead of the tool you are using right now, the Storage Management Tool).

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, LCasi2.

Good day,

I wanted to follow up on your ticket to check if you require further assistance.

Please let me know if you tested what I mentioned or if you tried anything else.

You can also let me know if you need more time to test it.

Regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
LCasi2
Beginner

Hello Bruce,

sorry for only answering now, I was moving houses .

Here are the pictures concerning the first 2 options you mentionned, unfortunately i do not have the RST menu in the bios settings. Concerning the third one do you mean that i would have to dl the RST from the dell website ?

Friendly yours,

Leo

I dont know why but i cant upload more than one picture when i reply

0 Kudos
LCasi2
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
LCasi2
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
LCasi2
Beginner
posted a file.
0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, LCasi2.

Thank you for all the information and the screenshots.

Did you purchase the Optane Memory drive with the computer or did you purchase it separately?

I was checking the configurations page in the Dell site for your system, so I'm not sure if you can actually have three drives here:

"Your computer supports one of the following configurations:

• One 2.5-inch hard-disk drive

• One M.2 2230 solid-state drive or one M.2 2280 solid-state drive

• One 2.5-inch hard-disk drive and one M.2 2280 solid-state drive

One 2.5-inch hard-disk drive and one M.2 Intel Optane memory"

Knowing that you already have one Toshiba M.2 NVMe boot drive, and a Toshiba 1TB Storage drive, your configuration would be the third one of that list, so I'm assuming your system does not have an Intel Optane Memory installed.

If you do have one installed, is it recognized somewhere in BIOS? The Optane software should also be able to recognize it, at least as a storage drive, so it may be worth checking with Dell.

Let me know.

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
LCasi2
Beginner

Hello Bruce,

thank you for your patience and diligence. The optane memory drive was with the computer. I know it worked before since I had opened the RST software the first time I had it and all the accelerations were enable, no greyed out buttons. Maybe i am confusing the otpane memory and intel rapid storage but i can say for sure that the intel RST worked before. I'm gonna try to uninstall all the sofwares and reinstall from the dell site. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks

Leo

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, LCasi2.

This message is to follow up on your thread regarding Intel® Optane™ Memory.

I previously shared that the system may not have an Optane Memory module and that checking with the OEM or BIOS may be required, specially since the system has different configurations that may or may not include this feature.

You also mentioned that you would try some additional troubleshooting steps to try and recognize it.

Sin there has been no confirmation, I will proceed to close the thread for now, but if you need any type of assistance, it may be reopened within 14 days by replying to this message.

Best regards, 

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
LCasi2
Beginner

Hello Bruce,

Sorry for making you wait, i've been really busy lately. 

I uninstalled all the softwares and reinstalled the one from my manufacturer on the dell webite, which clearly proves that my pc had rapid storage, but nothing worked.

I cannot find any option concerning the bios setup but maybe i am doing something wrong. I'll try to contact dell and see with them too.

Thanks for your patience ,

Leo

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, LCasi2.

No problem, let me know if you receive any type of confirmation from them.

If you cannot see it in the UEFI/BIOS (or access it) you may also open it (only if you are conformable witch that of course since this may also void your warranty if it is still applicable) and check if you see the Optane installed, it should be a blue module, similar to this one:

Optane.jpg

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, LCasi2.

Good day,

I wanted to send you this follow up message to check if you received any type of information from the system manufacturer.

If I can be of assistance, just let me know.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, LCasi2.

Good day,

This message is to follow up on your ticket regarding the Optane Memory acceleration.

I previously mentioned that we need to confirm if the Optane Memory is installed since it currently looks like there is no Optane module and I was waiting for your confirmation after contacting the OEM to check if I could offer additional assistance, but I may need to close the thread for now.

The thread will be closed on July 16th if there is no response, opening a new one will be required.

If you require further assistance, please let me know.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, LCasi2.

Good day,

Thank you for the information.

Previous version of the RST software do not have Optane Memory features/options, it is possible the options were not there and that is the reason why you did not see anything grayed-out, of course, I'm still assuming there is no Optane installed.

Your system would need to have two M.2 ports (one for the NVMe boot drive and one for the Optane Memory drive) along with a SATA port for the storage drive, and the three of them should be visible in the UEFI/BIOS.

I will be waiting for the result of your test.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel

Hello, LCasi2.

I wanted to follow up on your ticket to check if you tested the steps you mentioned or something different.

If I can be of assistance, please let me know.

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
ChiefGeek
Beginner

I personally experienced the same. What I did was:
- Got a new app version of Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management
- Cleared my old metadata through the same application.

And voila! All that was cleared up. This also cleared the 'You do not meet the minimum requirements' notification. Apparently, the system did not read my PCle SSD for Intel Optane until the new app update.

0 Kudos