Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Is intel optane 64gb compatible with Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 2TB PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 3D2, QLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SSDPEKNW020T8X1

TCorb5
Beginner

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JosafathB_Intel

Hello TCorb5,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support.

Based on the NVMe* and Secondary/Data Drive Support with Intel® Optane™ Memory article (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025074/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html).

Intel® Optane™ memory is supported to accelerate the following drives:

- A single SATA drive1, 2 or

- A single Intel® SSD 660p Series (no other PCIe NVMe* drives are supported for system acceleration) with Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver/SW version 17.5.2.1024 or later

These drives may contain the Operating System (Boot Drive) or be a Data drive3 (used for storage but does not contain the Operating System).

This means that your configuration should work.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards.

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel®

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Are you asking whether you can use an Optane module to accelerate an NVMe SSD? No, you cannot. It can only be used to accelerate SATA-based HDD/SSD devices .

...S

TCorb5
Beginner

Thank you that's all i needed to know

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello TCorb5,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support.

Based on the NVMe* and Secondary/Data Drive Support with Intel® Optane™ Memory article (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025074/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html).

Intel® Optane™ memory is supported to accelerate the following drives:

- A single SATA drive1, 2 or

- A single Intel® SSD 660p Series (no other PCIe NVMe* drives are supported for system acceleration) with Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Driver/SW version 17.5.2.1024 or later

These drives may contain the Operating System (Boot Drive) or be a Data drive3 (used for storage but does not contain the Operating System).

This means that your configuration should work.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards.

Josh B.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Thank you Josh, I stand corrected; I was unaware of this (unfortunately) special case.

...S

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello, n.scott.pearson,

Thank you for your reply.

You are welcome, we appreciate your amazing job helping all the users in the community, and we are glad to hear that you found the information we shared helpful.

Best regards.

Josh B.

0 Kudos