IntelĀ® Optaneā„¢ Memory
Support for Issues Related to IntelĀ® Optaneā„¢ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how IntelĀ® Optaneā„¢ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The IntelĀ® SSD Toolbox and IntelĀ® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Is it POSSIBLE to clear optane memory cache without RE-INSTALL Windows ?

FaridMuch
Beginner

Hai guys.šŸ˜

Im new in here.

My computer with intel optane memory 16gb is really helpful my work.

But the time keep moving forward...

I feel my computer is slow, especially in boot into windows.

Now im boot windows need 30-50 sec until the desktop showing.

Beforehand, i just need to take 8 sec till finish to desktop. šŸ˜

I guess my optane memory need to be clearing the cache.

But i dont want re-install the windows.šŸ˜£

Is there any solution ??

Thanks in advance all of you guys.

Cheers,šŸ˜Š

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JosafathB_Intel
Hello MFari4, Thank you for contacting IntelĀ® Technical Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your IntelĀ® Optaneā„¢ Memory. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: ā€¢ The SSU logs. 1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ and download the software. 2- When finished downloading it, open it. 3- Attach the file obtained to your reply. ā€¢ A screenshot of the ā€œDisk Managementā€ of windows showing all your HDDs and partitions (this to have a better view on how your HDD is detected by the OS) ā€¢ We will like to know if you are using the latest version of the IntelĀ® Rapid Storage Technology (IntelĀ® RST) User Interface and Driver (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28413) that is the version: 16.8.0.1000. ā€¢ We will like to know if in order to try to refresh your Optane memory caching configuration had you tried to disable the Optane acceleration and tried to enable the Optane again after the restart process, if not please try this and let us know the results. We will be looking forward to your reply including this information. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
FaridMuch
Beginner

Hi Josh,

Thanks for response!

I was uploaded SSU log on attachment.

Fyi, your last suggest is success to clear the optane cache.

Now my pc is boost my day again.

Heres my step :

• Disable Optane memory in Optane software
  • Uninstall the software, restart.
  • Downloading new drivers, install.
  • then Enable through optane software.

=============================================

But Josh, i have a little question.

If i leave my work state in Windows, such as opening browser, word, etc.

then i Directly click shutdown my Windows, the process shutdown its so fast..

In tomorrow, i turn on the PC, the boot it so long. (take 1 minute time)

But, suddenly my yesterday work state it still running.. šŸ˜Š

Its good news for me to use my PC as soon as possible.

Is that auto configured state from Optane module or Windoww system ?

Can i set any any configuration about that state ?šŸ˜

Thanks in advance guys.

šŸ˜Š

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello MFari4, Thank you for your reply. We are glad to hear that you found our recommendations helpful. Regarding the shutdown process that you described on your previous post, it seems to be that you PC entered in the hibernation/sleep mode instead of the shutdown. That may explain why your files were still open. In order to get further information regarding this, please review the information available at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13770/windows-shut-down-sleep-hibernate-your-pc "Links to third party sites and references to third party trademarks are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, IntelĀ® is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of IntelĀ® or any of its products is implied." We hope you find this information useful. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again Best regards, Josh B. IntelĀ® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello MFari4, Thank you for having contacted IntelĀ® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. IntelĀ® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello MFari4, Thank you for contacting IntelĀ® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. IntelĀ® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos