used to work with the standard optane achi driver
it was a pain because every boot the system copied files to the cache drive
making my old kingston uv300 sata 256 gb ssd even slower to boot
installed latest motherboard firmware v 1.70 MSI 270 M5 GAMING
and switched to built in optane genie mode in bios
then reinstalled windows 10 with the new rst driver
now system boots quick but sometimes takes forever to shutdown
also it detects the keyboard and mouse a few seconds after boot
with that anoying usb detection sound too
We understand you're experiencing issues with system acceleration and Optane™ Memory on your MSI* Z270 GAMING M5 Motherboard.
In order to investigate this issue we would like get the following information:
1. Download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility.
1. Select the option to scan "everything."
2. On step three, choose to save the report into a file.
2. The output from the System Information Console.
1. Right click on the start menu icon.
2. Select "Run" from the access list.
3. Type "MSINFO32.exe" then press OK.
4. On the System Information window, go to File > Export. Save this report to a known location.
3. A screenshot showing your Disk Management console setup.
4. For testing purposes, would it be possible to disable system acceleration, uninstall and then switch to the previous RST version? If so, does the issue disappear?
To enable attachments, make sure to use the "advanced editor" (top right) while replying.
We look forward to hearing back from you.