Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

More "No Compatible Disks" Help

QFurl
Beginner

MSI Laptop GT75 8SG

• i9-8950hk - might be problem but if so, its not self diagnosed as such.
  • Windows 10 home 1809 {17763.503}

Newest BIOS just flashed,

32gb Optane installed in m.2 Controller 1 port 3,

SSD with OS installed in m.2 Controller 1 port 1,

Optane is identified by all software correctly and as nvme

2 tb HDD from seagate installed in only Sata port.

• 160 mb not in any partition

Bios set for Optane, not ACHI.

Intel Rapid storage technology recognizes optane and HDD, but not showing any "compatible drives"

Maybe Im REALLY unlucky and seagate doesn't like Optane?

ssu file attached

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JosafathB_Intel
Hello QFur, Thank you for your reply, Based on the information you provided we noticed the following: • Your BIOS is set up in "Legacy" mode that is not compatible with Optane. • Your PC may not be Optane ready since we are not able to see in your OEM (original equipment manufacturer) website or your PC manual any indications that your equipment is Optane ready. We strongly advise you to contact MSI in order to get the proper BIOS configuration and drivers this in case that your PC is compatible with the Optane memory. We hope you find this information helpful. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I use Optane with Seagate drives, so no to any dislike there.

0 Kudos
QFurl
Beginner

Dang. Was hoping it would be a simple answer like that.

😅

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello QFurl, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
QFurl
Beginner

I do still need help, havent been able to figure anything out myself.​

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello QFur, Thank you for your reply, Based on the information you provided we noticed the following: • Your BIOS is set up in "Legacy" mode that is not compatible with Optane. • Your PC may not be Optane ready since we are not able to see in your OEM (original equipment manufacturer) website or your PC manual any indications that your equipment is Optane ready. We strongly advise you to contact MSI in order to get the proper BIOS configuration and drivers this in case that your PC is compatible with the Optane memory. We hope you find this information helpful. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello QFur, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello QFur, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos