Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

No compatible disks for Intel Optane Memory - ASRock X299 Gaming i9

BJohn43
Beginner

I have been trying to install a 32 GB Optane module in a new build of an ASRock X299 Gaming i9 system w/o success. I have followed the instructions from the MB manufacturer, numerous on-line forums, and other the advice provided by Intel in other posts in this forum and after 20-plus installs of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, I cannot get it to work. I have upgraded my Bios to the latest version, updated all of my drivers, updated Windows, created the empty partition >5 MB, and changed the Bios settings as specified, and cleaned the disk using diskpart and I still have issues. I am not one to give up easily and I consider myself fairly knowledgeable but I'm stumped. I am attaching screen caps of all of my systems info as requested in the numerous other posts I read. Hopefully it's something simple I over looked.... I have to say I'm done re-installing Windows... Thanks for and help offered.... Bill

0 Kudos
10 Replies
BJohn43
Beginner

Adding two more info images

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello BJohn43, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • A picture of your Intel® Optane™ Memory markings (Serial number and SA number). • We will like to know if you have access to another PC that you can test your Optane memory. We will be looking forward to your reply including this information. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BJohn43
Beginner

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your response. I have attached an image of the modules label that has the info you wanted but I'll list it here too. The SN is PHBT7271097N032E. The SA is J45812-102. As far as testing it in another machine goes, unfortunately I don't have the ability to do that. Thanks again for your assistance. Bill

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello BJohn43, Thank you for your reply. You mentioned the following in your first post: “I changed the Bios settings as specified and cleaned the disk using diskpart and I still have issues.” We will like to know if you cleaned your SATA drive and the Optane memory or just your drive. In case that you did just one and as an attempt to force your system to recognize the Optane and the drive you want to accelerate properly, would you mind to try one more time to clean both drives? After this process is completed we advise you to reinstall the acceleration software that you are using on your PC or if you prefer to switch it from Optane Memory software to the RST application or vice versa. Please let us know the results. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BJohn43
Beginner

Hi Josh,

I had wiped my OS drive (A Samsung 970EVO Plus) , reinstalled Windows, and then cleared the drive with the clean drive command in diskpart pretty much every time I reinstalled everything. I could't wait anymore as I need a functioning PC so I installed all of my software tonight which took hours to do so I don't really don't want to reload windows again if I can avoid it..... I'd really like to know if anybody has been successful getting this to work on my motherboard.... Thanks for your response... Bill

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello BJohn43, Thank you for your reply. Let me add more information to my previous response. 1. Your Samsung* 970EVO Plus is not compatible with Optane, you cannot accelerate an NVMe drive with Optane. 2. The drives that we recommended you to run a low-level format using “diskpart” are the “Disk 0 (WDC WUH721414ALE6L4)” and the “Disk 2 (NVMe INTEL MEMPEK1W03)” this because this drive seems to be the only HDD that is going to be compatible with Optane as it is a SATA drive, the “Disk 2” is the Optane module and we will like you to try to clean it from the OS, this in order to discard any hardware error with the Optane memory. We will be looking forward to your reply letting us know the results. Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BJohn43
Beginner

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the response.... Yeah, I'm aware that I can't use this on the EVO970 or with any NVMe drive as they use the same technology already. My only intent/hope was to speed up my 14 TB spinning disk drive. I have another NVMe drive and another hard disk and I might put those in just to see if I can get things running with those first as I really don't want to re-load all of my programs again and start from scratch unless I'm sure that this will work.... I will get back to you.... Bill

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello BJohn43, Thank you for your reply. Please take your time with the recommended research and let us know the results. Remember that if you require more assistance or want to add additional details, we'll be glad to assist you. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello BJohn43, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello BJohn43, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos