Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

No puedo activar la memoria Optane después de cambiar mi MB de una H270 a una Z270

SMori9
Novice

Hace poco cambie mi GPU y mi MB, en este caso la MB que tenia era una H270 y la cambie por una Z270. Al momento de instalar la optane me salia el error de que ningún equipo de almacenamiento era compatible con Optane cuando antes de cambiar la MB no detectaba problemas. Luego descargue "Tecnología de almacenamiento Intel Rapid" y me sale en la ventana de Memoria Intel Optane lo siguiente:

-Estado de la memoria Intel Optane: desactivada

-Parece que el sistema esta listo para la memoria Optane, pero no se han detectado módulos de memoria Intel Optane en el equipo. Instale un modulo compatible. Visite intel.com/support/optane-memory para obtener mas información (así es como llegue aquí).

El modo Optane esta activado en la BIOS y con el modo RAID activado. Tengo un buen tiempo con este problema y este es mi ultimo recurso :C.

11 Replies
JosafathB_Intel
Hello SMori9, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • The SSU logs. 1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ and download the software. 2- When finished downloading it, open it. 3- Attach the file obtained to your reply. • A screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows showing all your HDDs and partitions (this to have a better view on how your HDD is detected by the OS) • A screenshot of the error that you are receiving. • We will like to know if you disable the Optane acceleration before moving your Optane from the previous motherboard to the new one. • We will like to know if you have tried to clean your Optane memory information by formatting the memory from your OS. We will be looking forward to your reply including this information. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
SMori9
Novice

Hello Josh B.

Thanks for answer my post so fast.

Here are the things you asked me:

•A screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows showing all your HDDs and partitions (this to have a better view on how your HDD is detected by the OS)

P1.png

• A screenshot of the error that you are receiving.

P1.png

• We will like to know if you disable the Optane acceleration before moving your Optane from the previous motherboard to the new one.

-I didnt disable the optane acceleration before moving it to the new MB :c.

• We will like to know if you have tried to clean your Optane memory information by formatting the memory from your OS.

We will be looking forward to your reply including this information.

-I was looking for a way to clean the Optane memory information but I cant find it.

The file of SSU logs:

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello SMori9, Thank you for your reply. Based on the information you provided we noticed the following: • Your Intel® Optane™ Memory is not been detected by your OS even as a storage device. • As you mentioned “-I didn’t disable the optane acceleration before moving it to the new MB: c.” based on this information seems to be that your Optane memory is still linked to your old configuration and that seems to be the reason that your system is not detecting it properly. In order to clean your Optane memory you need to access to your BIOS and to look for the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology option to disable the Optane acceleration (You should be able to see your Intel® Optane™ memory here, if not let us know). As a reference on how to find this option please review your motherboard manufacturer manual (https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/TUF_Z370-PLUS_GAMING/E13474_TUF_Z370_PLUS_GAMING_UM_v2_web.pdf) Based on this manual you need to go to the Advanced menu > Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology, then press to display the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology menu. Third Party Content: Web Sites and Materials may contain user or third party submitted content; such content is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Intel and is provided solely as a convenience to our customers and users. Under no circumstances will Intel be liable in any way for any third party submitted or provided content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions, or damages of any kind. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. By your use, you agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any third party content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content. All postings and use of the Web Sites or Material are subject to these Terms of Use and any other program and site specific terms. We hope you find this information helpful. If you have more questions or need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
SMori9
Novice

Hello Josh B.

Thanks for you reply :D.

I was looking in my BIOS for the "Intel® Rapid Storage Technology" and I find this:

*This is the ez mode*

MSI_SnapShot.bmp

*This is the Advanced mode*MSI_SnapShot_02.bmp*This is the Advanced option*

MSI_SnapShot_00.bmp

*This is the "Intel® Rapid Storage Technology" option*

MSI_SnapShot_01.bmp

As you can see I cant see my Intel Optane memory :/.

Im trying everything and I really appreciate all your help.

Thank you so much

0 Kudos
SMori9
Novice

pdta: My new MB is a z270

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello SMori9 Thank you for your reply and for the screenshots provided. In order to further assist you we will appreciate if you can try the following troubleshooting. • From the first screenshot I can see that the M.2/Optane genie is ON, would you mind to turn it off and to check on your OS disk management if the Optane is detected as an storage device. • If after trying the previous step you are not able to see your Optane in your OS disk management or device manager we advise you to contact MSI in order to get further instructions on how to clean the Optane memory from the BIOS. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello SMori9, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
SMori9
Novice

I still have problems with my intel optane :/

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello SMori9 Thank you for your reply. We will like to know if you were able to contact your OEM MSI* on how to clean the data of the Optane memory from the BIOS? We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello SMori9 Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello SMori9 Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos