Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Optane H10 32+512 Stopped reading 512gb SSD part

reycarp
Beginner

Hi, the SSD 512gb part stopped working, i have been using it normally for the last 5 months, last time I restarted my system de unit disappeared.

Tried all recomendations in differnt posts and nothing, last thing I did was reinstall windows in RAID On mode.

I have an Alienware m15 R2.

I can see doth units on BIOS an Optane Management app but cant see it in Windows Explorer, even whn I try to format the unit in Windows installation via USB an error message appears telling it cant write on that unit.

Im uploading images from BIOS an Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management screens.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Reycarp.

Thank you for posting in the Intel community Support forum.

I received your thread and I'm also aware of your previous support ticket, I will be glad to assist you.

The "clear metadata" option you see in the screenshot of the Intel Optane Memory and Storage Management should allow you to erase the pairing information between the Optane and the Storage portions of the SSD, allowing you to access that part normally.

Of course, it is always recommended to have a backup of the information in case something goes wrong.

This being is the only possible option we can provide as you have already tried different drivers from the OEM and from us in order to gain access to the storage portion of the SSD according to the previous case.

The last recommendation was to contact the system manufacturer for further assistance on how to configure the BIOS so both portions of the SSD are recognized and accessible, specially since you are not using the H10 as your primary drive but as secondary storage (which is not supported/validated by us).

Please let me know if you have any questions, I will follow up on September 2nd in case additional time is required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Reycarp.

I wanted to follow up on your thread to check if there is anything else we can try to help you with.

I will follow up on September 7th before closing the thread.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos
BrusC_Intel
Employee

Hello, Reycarp.

This message is to follow up on your thread.

I previously shared some information about the steps to clear the metadata or the option to contact the system manufacturer for further assistance on how to configure the BIOS so both portions of the SSD are recognized and accessible as we also recommended in your other support ticket.

The thread will be closed right now, but if you require assistance from Intel with anything else in the future, please do not hesitate and contact us back by opening a new thread or via any of the other support methods depending on the product:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

0 Kudos