Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Optane not recognized in BIOS

PPrin1
Beginner

i have the same problem with chrono. Optane module cannot be detected. but i differ on one thing witth him, it seems that my bios still recognizes my optane.

BIOS UEFI > Advanced Mode (F7) > Advanced > Intel rapid storage and i can see my optane module there unlike chrono experienced. i hope you can help me with it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi pringles0808,

We have branched your reply as a new discussion because we can not reply to a locked discussion.

We recommend you to follow the next steps in order to detect the Optane(R) again:

1. Open your UEFI BIOS Utility.

2. Switch to "Advanced Mode" by pressing the F7 key.

3. Go to the "Advanced" tab.

4. Scroll down to "Intel® Rapid Storage Technology" and enter.

5. Select your Intel® Optane™ Memory. May display as something along the lines of "PCIe 1.0, Intel MEMPEK1W0......", enter.

6. Under "Disk Actions:" there should be an option to "Reset to non-Optane." This option will reset your module and allow you to detect and enable it again.

Once you have followed these steps, you will be able to restart your computer and enable system acceleration once again.

Please let us know if that worked.

Regards,

Junior M.

0 Kudos
PPrin1
Beginner

It worked! Thanks! Now my concern is that i cant see my optane in my drives. is this normal?

0 Kudos
PPrin1
Beginner

no optane drive

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi pringles0808,

We are glad to hear that you were able to enable the Optane(R).

We would like to inform you that it is an expected behavior. Once the Optnane(R) is enabled, it is going to disappear from disk management because it is already working and accelerating the drive.

If you have further questions then feel free to contact us again.

Regards,

Junior M.
0 Kudos