Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Reemplazar una Optane M10 de 16GB por una de 32GB?

Gustavo1233
Beginner
Mi equipo ya tenia de fabrica una Optane M10 de 16 GB instalada. Puedo cambiarla por una Optane M10 de 32 GB u otro modelo?

La motherboard es un modelo 8486 v.72.23. Ligada a un procesador i5-8250U

Me preocupa que la alimentación activa sea diferente entre modelos, y no sé si esa diferencia para la computadora signifique algo
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

You may safely upgrade the Optane Memory to 32GB model. 0.5W difference in power consumption will not affect the Power Supply. But do not forget, before removing the 16GB module, you have to disable the engagement first. Only after the Optane acceleration is disabled, you may replace it by the new 32GB module and enable the acceleration again.

Leon

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User

You may safely upgrade the Optane Memory to 32GB model. 0.5W difference in power consumption will not affect the Power Supply. But do not forget, before removing the 16GB module, you have to disable the engagement first. Only after the Optane acceleration is disabled, you may replace it by the new 32GB module and enable the acceleration again.

Leon

Gustavo1233
Beginner

Thank you for your swift answer @LeonWaksman !

Your comments make me feel more confident to do the change.

0 Kudos