Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Unsupported BIOS Mode issue (Error code : 0xA008002D)

TAbiv
Beginner

dear intel team.

i recently installed intel optane 32gb module on my laptop (MSI GL62M 7RDX). it is said in the msi website that it is intel optane supported. i have done :

a) updated the bios to version E16J9IMS.324 (from msi web),

b) reinstalled my windows is installed on GPT partition (im wiping out the hard drive before hand),

c) installed Intel® Optane™ Memory User Interface and Driver for System Acceleration Version 17.2.0.1009 from intel download center,

d) changed my boot mode to UEFI (disabled the CSM),

e) changed sata mode to RST premiere

but when i run the Intel® Optane™ Memory UI app, it said that Error code : 0xA008002D (unsupported system BIOS or system BIOS set in Legacy Mode. what am i missing something? should i install the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver Version 15.7.0.1014 from the msi website?

here's the spec :

CPU = Intel Core i7 7700HQ

HDD = 2,5 inch drive 1tb (SATA)

Optane = 32gb Module

Please Help!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JosafathB_Intel
Hello TAbiv, Thank you for contacting Intel Premium Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ Memory. If we infer correctly we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • The SSU logs. 1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ and download the software. 2- When finished downloading it, open it. 3- Attach the file obtained to your reply. • A screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows showing all your HDDs and partitions. We will be looking forward to your reply including this information. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello TAbiv, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello TAbiv, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Technical Support. I was reviewing your community post and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TAbiv
Beginner

Hello JoshB_Intel

I'm very sorry for the delayed reply and thank you for replying my question.

i still need further assistance. i currently still downloading the SSU software from the link you gave me.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello TAbiv, We will be looking forward to your reply including the SSU logs and the information requested on our first post in order to further assist you. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TAbiv
Beginner

Hello Josh B.

here are the SSU Logs and the screenshot of Disk Management you requested.

0 Kudos
TAbiv
Beginner

and here's the screenshot of Disk Management

IMG-20190405-WA0021.jpg

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello TAbiv, Thank you for your reply. We were reviewing the information on your OEM website and we were not able to see your PC as Optane ready equipment from out of the box. Based on the information you provided you already have the latest version of the firmware on your laptop and you confirmed with your OEM (original equipment manufacturer) that your PC is Optane compatible, we advise you to contact MSI to get further information of the BIOS configuration necessary to use your Optane and the proper version of RST that supports Optane on your system. Based on the Article “Error Codes and Messages While Using Intel® Optane™ Memory System Acceleration” (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024113.html) “Error Enabling Intel® Optane™ Memory Unsupported System BIOS or System BIOS is set in Legacy Mode. Contact your BIOS vendor for the latest version and support. Error Code: 0xA008002D Your BIOS doesn’t support Intel Optane memory or your BIOS mode is in Legacy Mode. Action: Confirm your system has the proper capabilities (Intel Optane memory-capable) in the BIOS to support Intel Optane memory with your BIOS/Platform vendor. If the platform is Intel Optane memory-capable, make sure that the latest BIOS is installed: Backup all files on your system. Update the BIOS. Make sure that the SATA controller is still set to RST Premium and Remapping is still enabled after the update (full configuration details). UEFI is required for Intel® Optane™ memory support. If the Boot mode in the BIOS is set to Legacy, or CSM enabled, enabling system acceleration will not work. When an operating system installation occurs while in the Legacy mode the partition structure is MBR, which is not supported. A GPT partition structure is required, which is created when the operating system is installed when in UEFI mode. Backup all files on your system Convert the MBR structure to GPT by following the steps here: Converting a Data SSD or SSD with Windows® Installation from Legacy to UEFI without Data Loss” We hope you find this information helpful. If you have future questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will be more than happy to help you in any way we can. Have a nice day. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello TAbiv, Thank you for having contacted Intel® Memory & Storage Support. This is just a friendly reminder that your case remains open. Should you need our technical assistance please do not hesitate to contact us back. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
TAbiv
Beginner

Dear Josh B,

We can close this case based on the fact that my laptop's BIOS were not support the Intel Optane module. I think i will consult MSi for further assistance regarding this issue. I highly appriciate your help. Thank you for your enormous assistance.

Best regards,

Tharif Abivandya

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello TAbiv, Thank you for your reply. As per your consent, this case is now close if you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos