Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1344 Discussions

Where are the configuration files of Optane software and Intel CAS software stored?

KongNan
Beginner

We are evaluating an operating system virtualization tool that can completely restore the operating system partition to a standard image by restarting the computer. It can also keep pre-specified files or registry data.

We use Optane memory. Because it is not an operating system partition, the above content will not be restored, which is OK. However, if the configuration files of the Optane software or IntalCAS software are cleared, the Optane memory may not be able to continue to cache new hot data, causing the cache to gradually age and become invalid.

So we need to know, where are the configurations of Optane software and Intel CAS software stored (for example, configuration items such as * or C: read-write cache)? I tried Procmon but it was more difficult and failed.

Sorry for my poor english

0 Kudos
8 Replies
KongNan
Beginner

We found an inf file at the following position, but it seems doesn't work, we think it's incorrect

C:\ProgramData\Intel\Intel Installation Framework (IIF)\{04FCBE23-49FA-4082-A9FA-A59437326EB6}\{3C467665-0128-4073-811D-99AFF4E12273}\IIF Drivers\Intel Cache Acceleration Software\Win10\IntelCAS.inf

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello KongNan,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support.

Let us further investigate your inquiry for information related to the configuration files of the Intel® Optane™ Memory software and the Intel® CAS software.

We will be contacting you back as soon as we have an update or if further information is required.

Best regards.

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello KongNan,

Thank you for your patience.

To further assist you with your inquiry and to have a better understanding of the environment and your configuration, we would appreciate it if you can provide us with the following information:

•We would like to know the brand and model of your SSDs.

• We would like to know if you have a license key for your Intel® Cache Acceleration Software? If you do, would you mind providing us your license key number?

• We would appreciate it if you can provide us with the system details by extracting the SSU logs.

1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ (for Windows*) and to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26735/ (for Linux) download the software.

2- When you finish downloading it, open it.

3- Attach the file generated by the tool in your reply.

We will follow up with you again on Monday, the 29th of March 2021, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello KongNan,

Greetings from; Intel® Memory and Storage support.

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to your Intel® Optane™ Memory software and the Intel® CAS software. We would like to know if you need further assistance.

We will follow up with you again on Wednesday, the 31st of March 2021, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
KongNan
Beginner

Thank you! 

Yes I need your help.

I have Intel Optane M10 on my Machines.

I have Intel CAS key. But I'm not certain if it's suitable to paste it here.

I don't think it's useful to provide SSU log, as I want to know the inside technical detail ,  not issue.

Thank you again and sorry for my  poor English again !

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello KongNan,

Thank you for your reply.

To further assist you, we required the following information:

•We would like to know the brand and model of your SSDs.

• Please providing us your license key number. *Do not worry, this license is linked to you only, and it can not be of use to anyone else*

• We would appreciate it if you can provide us with the system details by extracting the SSU logs. The logs are a requirement to check your current configuration and provide you with technical support.

1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ (for Windows*) and to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26735/ (for Linux) download the software.

2- When you finish downloading it, open it.

3- Attach the file generated by the tool in your reply.

We will follow up with you again on Friday, the 2nd of April 2021, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

We would be looking forward to your reply including this information.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello KongNan,

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to your Intel® Optane™ Memory software and the Intel® CAS software. We would like to know if you were able to check the previous post that we requested some basic information.

We will follow up with you again on Tuesday, the 6th of April 2021, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please let me know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

We would be looking forward to your reply including this information.

Best regards,

Josh B.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel

Hello KongNan,

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to your Intel® Optane™ Memory software and the Intel® CAS software. Since we have not heard from you in a while, we are going to close this community thread.

If you need further assistance related to an Intel® product, please do not hesitate to contact us back by opening a new thread.

Best regards,

Jos B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos