Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Why is my 280GB 900P going slow

DLake1
New Contributor I

My new 280GB 900P wont go much faster than 900MB/s connected to a new Asus WS X299 SAGE/10G via the U.2 port, why could this be?Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DLake1
New Contributor I

False alarm, I reseated the U.2 connector now I get 2715MB/s read and 2260MB/s write.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JosafathB_Intel
Hello DLake1, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. As we understand, you need assistance with your Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series (280GB, 2.5in PCIe x4, 20nm, 3D XPoint™). If we infer correctly we will like to share the following recommendations and information: • Based on the list of tested and validate hardware for the Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series that can be found in the following link http://compatibleproducts.intel.com/ProductDetails?activeModule=Memory%20and%20Storage# Your Board is not listed as a validated motherboard, it does not mean that it does not work is just that you can experience unknown issues. We advise you to check with your OEM (original equipment manufacturer) for compatibility and BIOS settings to properly set up your SSD drive. • We will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • The SSU logs. 1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ and download the software. 2- When finished downloading it, open it. 3- Attach the file obtained to your reply. • A screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows showing all your HDDs and partitions. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
DLake1
New Contributor I

You don't have to spy on me with software just tell me what you want.

0 Kudos
DLake1
New Contributor I

False alarm, I reseated the U.2 connector now I get 2715MB/s read and 2260MB/s write.

0 Kudos
JosafathB_Intel
Hello DLake1, Thank you for your reply. We are glad to hear that your Intel® Optane™ SSD 900P Series is working properly, this case is now closed, if you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us again. Best regards, Josh B. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos