Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

Working M10 32G Optane System with 10th Gen Intel - need help with updating drivers on Win 10

Old_Dude75
Beginner
Hi, I was fortunate to setup a custom Intel 10th Gen rig with Optane a couple years ago; to keep it short and to spare the hardware details which should not be relevant here: I was considering the dreaded Win 10 to Win 11 upgrade but noticed that the SetupRST.exe I need now is version 18__6_1_1016 and on my Optane memory and storage app, the version of RST I currently have listed is 18_30_1_1138. My system just has this Windows store Optane app and no add/remove entry for RST. I just wanted to make absolutely sure that to update my system, all I need to do is a.) disable optane and reboot b.) install this new SetupRST.exe file and reboot and c.) enable optane again and reboot. I wanted to ask the experts here before I did these procedures to make sure it's right. The readme on the Intel RST download site does not cover my situation! Thanks so much!
0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I agree with the use of this process; disabling Optane while updating BIOS is the safe path. While BIOS settings are supposed to survive BIOS updates, this isn't guaranteed.

...S

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I believe that the safest way to do the upgrade, for your Optane case, is as follows:

1. Disable Optane and reboot.
  2. Upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11.
  3. Download and reinstall all of the Intel driver packages: INF (Chipset), MEI, RST, LAN, WLAN, BT, GFX, Audio.
  4. Enable Optane and reboot.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Old_Dude75
Beginner

Thank you Sir for this solution I have been looking for. I have one more  quest that is also a bit problematic,

I desperately need a (UEFI) bios flash update and with Intel Optane, I know I run a risk for issues. The only tips I see

online are a.) disable Optane & reboot b.) then boot to bios and write down all my custom bios settings c.) flash the bios and

then boot back into bios and c.) change default setting back to custom (Optane) values, then reboot to Windows and

re-enable Optane. If I can get this done, I will be most ready for the Win 11 upgrade. If you have any tips on this procedure,

I would love to hear them.  You have already been a great help.

ps - my board is a MSI Intel Z490.  Tks,  Rich

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

I agree with the use of this process; disabling Optane while updating BIOS is the safe path. While BIOS settings are supposed to survive BIOS updates, this isn't guaranteed.

...S

0 Kudos