Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Your system is not intel optane memory ready or no compatible disk for intel memory

TNazi
Beginner

After replacing ssd with hdd my 16gb Intel Optane Memory stops working on my HP Pavilion x360 - 15-cr0053wm core i5 8th gen and saying that to use minumum 32gb optane memory

0 Kudos
1 Solution
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello @TNazi​ 

1. You should ask HP support if your laptop will work with Intel Optane Memory. Only laptop manufacturer, responsible for hardware integration may give certified answer.
  2. However you are saying that you have an Optane Module installed and you see it in BIOS, so why you asking if it can work?
  3. Please take your mobile phone and take pictures showing UEFI BIOS with Optane Memory installed in M.2 slot and the PCIe slot enabled.

Leon

View solution in original post

26 Replies
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. Before replacing the drives, did you disabled Optane acceleration?
  2. Did you installed SSD in place of HDD? What is the P/N of the SSD.
  3. Does the SSD is a System or Data drive?
  4. Please attach to your post an image of Disk Management.

Leon

0 Kudos
TNazi
Beginner

i dont know much about optane memory so i did notdisable it so i thought it's the same as the ram so i just remove the hdd and replace it with ssd now it's showing error

yes i install ssd in the place of hdd

i install window in ssd as well as store data in it'

and here is the screenshot of disk management

Disk Management 05_06_2020 1_30_39 am.png

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. So, you did wrong. The Optane module is still enabled (attached) to the HDD. You where required to disable this enablement before removing the HDD.
  2. Open Windows PowerShell (Admin).
  3. Type diskpart and press Enter. The diskpart prompt will open.
  4. From the diskpart prompt, type list disk and press Enter. A list of disks will appear in a text format. You will return to the diskpart prompt.
  5.  From the diskpart prompt you will need to select a disk disk number (for instance, if the Optane Memory 16GB + drive is Disk 1, you would type select disk 1) and press EnterDiskpart Erase/Clean will permanently erase/destroy all data on the selected drive. Please be certain that you are erasing the correct disk. 
  6.  From the diskpart prompt, type clean and press Enter. The Optane Memory is now erased and the old enablement is not active any more.
  7. Close out of the Windows PowerShell
  8. Now enable Optane acceleration .

Leon

0 Kudos
TNazi
Beginner

i have tried it but optane memory is not showing in list disk only my ssd is visible

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

One more thing. Are you aware that SSD is much faster than HDD and could be that the performance will be not much improved with Optane? In addition only SATA SSD can be accelerated with Optane, while NVMe SSD can not.

Leon

0 Kudos
TNazi
Beginner

i am using sata ssd not nvme thats why i want to use optane memory

0 Kudos
TNazi
Beginner

but i have one more question why it's keep sIntel® Optane™ Memory 05_06_2020 2_19_09 am.pngaying to use atleast 32gb optane memory ?

0 Kudos
TNazi
Beginner

Intel® Optane™ Memory 05_06_2020 2_21_14 am.pngit's saying that statistics only support capacity of atleast 32GB

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

The Folder Pinning and Statistics Collection features are NOT supported with the 16GB Optane Module. You need a 32GB or 64GB Optane Module in order to make use of these features.

...S

0 Kudos
TNazi
Beginner

so if i install 32gb optane memory all things will again start working properly wihtout any issue ???

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Heck no. These two issues have absolutely nothing to do with your original problem. You made a stupid assumption and created a mess as a result. You may have corrupted your data files. If you didn't, you're awfully lucky. You need to reset the state of the Optane Memory card (and perhaps erase its contents) before you can assign it to accelerate the SSD.

...S

0 Kudos
TNazi
Beginner

Also in status it's saying no compatible disk for intel optane memoryIntel® Optane™ Memory 05_06_2020 11_12_17 am.png

0 Kudos
TNazi
Beginner

So please tell me how to do it i have triend almost everything on youtube but still unable to resolve this issue

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User
  1. I understand that you have removed the old HDD and installed the new SSD. I assume that you didn't erase or change the contents of the old HDD? If my assumption is correct, you may reinstall back the old HDD and then using Optane Application you should disable Optane Ennoblement. After doing this reinstall the new SSD and try to enable Optane.
  2. Please download the Intel System Support Utility (SSU). Run the SSU scan and save the results. The .txt file with the results please attach to your post (use "paperclip", below the left bottom corner).

Leon

0 Kudos
TNazi
Beginner

So do i have to install a new window in ssd or the previous one will work fine ?

0 Kudos
TNazi
Beginner

here it is

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Reading the SSU report I can't see any Optane Module installed on your system. It is not recognized in BIOS. Either you it is not sitting well in M.2 slot (remove it and reinstall again) or you have no Optane memory Module installed in your computer. It should look like this.

Leon

0 Kudos
TNazi
Beginner

it is not visible here but i can see optane module in the system > bios system configuration setting after disabling legacy support. So if the optane is not sit properly in M.2 slot or i have no optane memory installed why it shows optane there !!

0 Kudos
TNazi
Beginner

i also want to know one more this. is this the issue with the optane module or laptop it self, i mean i i purchase a new module will it wrok ?

0 Kudos
LeonWaksman
Super User

Hello @TNazi​ 

1. You should ask HP support if your laptop will work with Intel Optane Memory. Only laptop manufacturer, responsible for hardware integration may give certified answer.
  2. However you are saying that you have an Optane Module installed and you see it in BIOS, so why you asking if it can work?
  3. Please take your mobile phone and take pictures showing UEFI BIOS with Optane Memory installed in M.2 slot and the PCIe slot enabled.

Leon