Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

désinstaller complétement uninstall completely

Jpier9
Novice

Hello,

I bought and installed an Optane memory 16GB which was recognized but the program does not work.

I uninstalled it but apparently not completely because when I want to reinstall it,

I can not. There must be hidden components somewhere but I do not know

or ?

Can you tell me how to uninstall it completely and perfectly so that I can

reinstall it correctly.

I can not uninstall it by "program and features" anymore.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Bonjour,

J'ai acheté et installé un Optane memory 16GB qui était reconnu mais le programme ne fonctionne pas.

Je l'ai désinstallé mais apparemment pas complétement car lorsque je veux le réinstaller,

je ne peux pas. Il doit y avoir des composantes cachées quelques part mais je ne sais pas

où ?

Pouvez vous me dire comment le désinstaller complétement et parfaitement afin que je puisse

le réinstaller correctement.

Je ne peux plus le désinstaller par "programme et fonctionnalités".

En vous remerciant par avance.

Cordialement,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jpier9
Novice

Good evening,

as I already explained for my part it was a problem sofware.

I was right about the problem of a bad uninstallation of the software,

that prevented me from reinstalling the app correctly.

The application was no longer present in theory on the computer.

But when I tried to start the setup the panel I sent you appeared with the message on the screenshot.

So to solve the problem I saved my partition then format the SSD install Windows install the application do the manipulations to activate optane memory,

I saved all the directories concerning the software directions then saved some registry keys concerning the app then reinstall my backup partition merged some registry keys copy the directories in the right paths

I was able to access the software asking me to install or repair I repaired,

then everything went well the activation of optane memory on my Windows I could keep all my data without any problem that's what I wanted.

apart from this little problem everything worked well on my score.

The time spent 1:30 functional software results as if I had made an installation for the first time I recognize it is a bit tedious but it has the merit of keeping his Windows when everything works except disruptive software.

Thank you again for your help and your responsiveness.

cordially

Bonsoir,

comme je l'ai déjà expliqué pour ma part c'était un problème sofware.

J'avais raison sur le problème d'une mauvaise désinstallation du logiciel,

qui m'empêchait de réinstaller l'application correctement.

L'application n'était plus présente en théorie sur l'ordinateur.

Mais quand j'essayais de lancer le setup le panneau que je vous ai envoyé apparaissais avec le message sur le screenshot.

Alors pour résoudre le problème j'ai sauvegardé ma partition puis formater le SSD installer Windows installer l'application faire les manipulations pour activer optane memory,

j'ai sauvegardé tous les répertoires concernant le logiciel les directions ensuite sauvegardées certaines clés de registre concernant le soft puis réinstaller ma partition de sauvegarde fusionnée certaines clés de registre copier les répertoires dans les bons chemins

j'ai pu avoir accès au logiciel me demandant d'installer ou de réparer j'ai réparé,

ensuite tout s'est bien déroulé l'activation d'optane memory sur mon Windows j'ai pu conserver toutes mes données sans aucun problème c'est ce que je voulais .

à part ce petit problème tout fonctionnait bien sur ma partition.

Le temps passé 1h30 résultats logicielle fonctionnelle comme si j'avais fait une installation pour la première fois je reconnais c'est un peu fastidieux mais ça a le mérite de garder son Windows quand tout fonctionne sauf un logiciel perturbateur.

Encore merci pour votre aide et votre réactivité.

Cordialement

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Jpier9,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

If I understood you correctly, you installed the application, then un-installed it, but now when you attempt to re-install it, you can’t, right?

Could you please take a screenshot of the error message you are getting?

I haven’t seen this behavior. How did you uninstall the application in first place?

I’ll be waiting for your response.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Under Contract to Intel Corporation

0 Kudos
Jpier9
Novice

Hello and thank you for your answer.

As for the application I uninstalled it normally at the beginning.

I need to clarify when I try to reinstall an Intel memory device panel optane failure

the Intel optane error number 0XA0010055 this error indicates that it can not create,

a partition of either lack of space at least 20 MB and having five MB of unallocated space.

However the hard drive and well formatted in GPT on which I would like the optane memory to be attributed I specify I have a 240 GB SSD SSD hard drive plus a 2to hard drive formatted in GPT with the technical characteristics required for the proper functioning of the software.

My hardware complies with the requirements of the ninth generation optane CPU compatibility,

Z390 optane 16gb motherboard.

this sign indicates that the software remains anchored somewhere in the registry to prevent me from reinstalling the software properly.

However, I searched everywhere in the registry to check if there was not an active component that prevents me from reinstalling the software properly.

In fact what I wanted to ask you is how to remove any relative component

to prevent me from reinstalling the software when I launch the installs this panel appears,

somehow telling me that the software is still on the computer present somewhere,

in the Windows registers given intel does not give special software to clean the registers in case of uninstallation where there would still be disruptive elements.

We know that some software that installs sometimes have trouble being fired clean some soft

you need a little utility to clean everything that way you can reinstall the software properly.

The only problem I encountered and probably software if I managed to reinstall the software,

normally after I think I can activate optane normally I went through the logs

without much success to try to identify the problem.

Apart from reinstalling Windows completely what I do not want to do.

cordially

PS I am sorry for the translation it is possible that some words do not match.

Bonjour et merci de votre réponse.

En ce qui concerne l'application je l'ai désinstallé normalement au départ.

Je dois préciser quand je tente de la réinstaller un panneau appareil mémoire Intel optane échec

le numéro d'erreur Intel optane 0XA0010055 cette erreur indique qu'il ne peut pas créer,

une partition soit du manque d'espace au moins de 20 MO et disposant de cinq MO d'espace non alloué.

Pourtant le disque dur et bien formaté en GPT sur lequel je voudrais que la mémoire optane soit attribuée je précise j'ai un disque dur SSD NVME de 240 go plus un disque dur 2to formaté en GPT avec les caractéristiques techniques demandées pour le bon fonctionnement du logiciel.

Mon matériel est conforme aux exigences de la compatibilité optane CPU neuvième génération,

carte mère Z390 optane 16gb.

ce panneau indique que le logiciel reste bien ancré quelque part dans les registres pour m'empêcher de réinstaller le logiciel convenablement.

J'ai pourtant fouillé partout dans les registres pour vérifier s'il n'y avait pas un composante encore actif qui m'empêche de réinstaller le logiciel convenablement.

En faite ce que je voulais vous demander c'est comment enlever tout composant relatif

à m'empêcher de réinstaller le logiciel quand je lance l'installe ce panneau apparaît,

en quelque sorte en me disant que le logiciel est encore sur l'ordinateur présent quelque part,

dans les registres de Windows étant donné intel ne donne pas de logiciels particuliers pour nettoyer les registres en cas de désinstallation où il y aurait encore des éléments perturbateurs.

On sait que certain logiciel qui s'installe parfois ont du mal à être tirés proprement certains soft

on besoin d'un petit utilitaire pour tout nettoyait de cette façon on peut réinstaller le logiciel convenablement.

Le seul problème que je rencontre et probablement software si j'arrivais à réinstaller le logiciel,

normalement après sa je pense pouvoir activer optane normalement j'ai parcouru les logs

sans grand succès pour tenter d'identifier le problème.

À part réinstaller Windows complètement ce que je ne veux pas faire.

cordialement

PS je suis désolé pour la traduction il est possible que certains mots ne correspondent pas.

0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Jpier9,

Thank you for the explanation and the screenshot.

There is no other way to remove the application and its components besides un-installing it using the normal procedure. 

However, I can say that the application was uninstalled completely because if it would still be in your system you would have gotten another error message saying that the driver and application are already installed in your system, but considering the fact that you got another message, it means that the application is not installed, so the issue is not this one but the error code you are getting: 0xA0010055.

The error code 0xA0010055 is indeed related to the drive partitions, which cannot be resized. I understand you don’t want to format the drive and re-install the OS, however my recommendation is precisely this one. However, you may also want to try the suggestions in the following article: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024253/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html

Could you please take a screenshot of the Disk Management window just to check the drive partitions? You can open Disk Management by pressing the Windows* key + x, and then selecting the Disk Management option from the menu that will appear.

I hope you find this information useful.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos
Jpier9
Novice

Good evening,

as I already explained for my part it was a problem sofware.

I was right about the problem of a bad uninstallation of the software,

that prevented me from reinstalling the app correctly.

The application was no longer present in theory on the computer.

But when I tried to start the setup the panel I sent you appeared with the message on the screenshot.

So to solve the problem I saved my partition then format the SSD install Windows install the application do the manipulations to activate optane memory,

I saved all the directories concerning the software directions then saved some registry keys concerning the app then reinstall my backup partition merged some registry keys copy the directories in the right paths

I was able to access the software asking me to install or repair I repaired,

then everything went well the activation of optane memory on my Windows I could keep all my data without any problem that's what I wanted.

apart from this little problem everything worked well on my score.

The time spent 1:30 functional software results as if I had made an installation for the first time I recognize it is a bit tedious but it has the merit of keeping his Windows when everything works except disruptive software.

Thank you again for your help and your responsiveness.

cordially

Bonsoir,

comme je l'ai déjà expliqué pour ma part c'était un problème sofware.

J'avais raison sur le problème d'une mauvaise désinstallation du logiciel,

qui m'empêchait de réinstaller l'application correctement.

L'application n'était plus présente en théorie sur l'ordinateur.

Mais quand j'essayais de lancer le setup le panneau que je vous ai envoyé apparaissais avec le message sur le screenshot.

Alors pour résoudre le problème j'ai sauvegardé ma partition puis formater le SSD installer Windows installer l'application faire les manipulations pour activer optane memory,

j'ai sauvegardé tous les répertoires concernant le logiciel les directions ensuite sauvegardées certaines clés de registre concernant le soft puis réinstaller ma partition de sauvegarde fusionnée certaines clés de registre copier les répertoires dans les bons chemins

j'ai pu avoir accès au logiciel me demandant d'installer ou de réparer j'ai réparé,

ensuite tout s'est bien déroulé l'activation d'optane memory sur mon Windows j'ai pu conserver toutes mes données sans aucun problème c'est ce que je voulais .

à part ce petit problème tout fonctionnait bien sur ma partition.

Le temps passé 1h30 résultats logicielle fonctionnelle comme si j'avais fait une installation pour la première fois je reconnais c'est un peu fastidieux mais ça a le mérite de garder son Windows quand tout fonctionne sauf un logiciel perturbateur.

Encore merci pour votre aide et votre réactivité.

Cordialement

0 Kudos
Jpier9
Novice
posted a file.
0 Kudos
DiegoV_Intel

Hi Jpier9,

It’s great you were able to fix the issue and setup the Intel® Optane™ Memory in your system.

Thank you for sharing how you fixed it in the community!

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

0 Kudos